Forums

What do you write for enjoyment or for creativity?

Learn how to recruit and sponsor with ONLY the words you write, by mastering the skill of copywriting. Top industry experts available here to show you how...

Moderator: admin

What do you write for enjoyment or for creativity?

Postby Edward Caldwell on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:18 pm

:D I know most people are hear to learn how to write to market products or make money. I want to just see if anybody likes to discuss what type of literature they may like to write for fun or a challenge? Has anybody here had success writing stories / a book or selling articles to magazines?
Best regards,

Ed
New World Order Satire: http://NewWorldOrderSatire.com
Edward Caldwell
Contribution Level: 2

Re: What do you write for enjoyment or for creativity?

Postby Richard De Haven on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:25 pm

I love to write about success principles that have for worked for me. I love success stories and I have started to explore the possibilities there.

I have not sold anything but I have shared a lot of my stuff on different websites. You will start seeing more of it here at B.N.

Appreciation from the Heart,

Richard De Haven
Are You Tired Of The Hype In MLM? Here's Your Chance To....Disocover Real Stories of Real People Making Real Money in MLM

Visit http://www.MLMSuccessStories.com Now To Get The Inside Scoop Of What It REALLY Takes To Succeed IN MLM!
Richard De Haven
Company: SendOutCards

Postby Natasha Nassar Hazlett on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:31 pm

I was a freelance writer for Chicken Soup for the Soul Magazine and got paid for those articles and short stories. Some of them are on my blog under the "About" tab. http://NatashaNassar.com

Most of those articles were humorous feature stories. Haven't done much if any humor since marketing online....maybe I should?!? : )

I've also written several marketing eBooks, and my most recent one that I will be launching soon is about advertising compliance issues when marketing online.
Natasha Nassar
Attorney & Internet Marketing Consultant

"Empowering Entrepreneurs to Build Their Brand Online"
Connect With Me!
Grab Your Free 7 Day Attraction Marketing Crash Course Now!
Natasha Nassar Hazlett
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Mario Sanders on Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:33 am

I am not a professional writer, but I joined the BN to learn and being active in this community. I began writing as an enjoyment and a new experience. I am no expert by no means, but to lend my experience to this marketing field and probably teach someone along the way who wishes to enter online marketing. They would not feel alone out here, but somebody just like them is there to help and lend a mentoring voice.
Since we are all here to learn, we can share our experiences with each other. It started out as just an enjoyment but turned into a creative resource where I can get my writing juices flowing.
Mario Sanders
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 7

Postby Andrea Thornton on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:58 am

I have always written stories for my children. Sometimes I just told them stores off-the-cuff when I had one stuck to each leg howling "Story!". One for my daughter actually ended with the princess turning the evil witch into a flower...cursed to spend her life as something beautiful and enjoyable to others. LOL

Sometimes, they would *tell* the stories with me, adding details, changing outcomes, and so on. I found that this made teaching them to read an adventure...not a chore. They wanted to know how the story ended, and they could both read quite well by age four. Once they had the basics down, I insisted that for each story I read or told them, they had to read or tell me one. Their imaginations astounded me.

I have never received money for my stories, but I feel that I have gotten something much more valuable for them. Both my children go through books like potato chips, and have been on the honor roll every year in school. MUCH more valuable to me than money. :D

Andrea
Tell me what you think. http://yesmoneyathome.ws
Andrea Thornton
Company: Global Domains International, Inc

Postby Edward Caldwell on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 am

Hi Natasha, I noticed since I started to write more humor my mind is getting sharper and my sense of humor is growing. I would encourage any writer to try some humor writing.
Best regards,

Ed
New World Order Satire: http://NewWorldOrderSatire.com
Edward Caldwell

Postby Natasha Nassar Hazlett on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:05 am

Great point Edward! Trying to brainstorm how I can incorporate humor into some of my internet marketing training articles! : )
Natasha Nassar
Attorney & Internet Marketing Consultant

"Empowering Entrepreneurs to Build Their Brand Online"
Connect With Me!
Grab Your Free 7 Day Attraction Marketing Crash Course Now!
Natasha Nassar Hazlett
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Tom Fuszard on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:16 pm

In the early days, blogging offered people a chance to express themselves on anything and everything. I used to have an account with Blogstream.com. It's gone now, but I used that for personal and business columns. It was neat: I could write anything at any time, and didn't need to run it past someone first. Problem was, no one was paying me for my supposedly good and interesting thoughts.

Later I was hired by a trade magazine publisher to write articles. Those were for business, but they exposed me to a different industry (the contract cleaning market), so there were benefits beyond the check.

Ditto for profiles I wrote for a construction-related firm. They asked me to write mag articles about certain projects. Again, it's not an area I delve in normally, but was interesting to write about. And I learned a few things, too!

In a roundabout way I'm suggesting that if you like to write, consider freelancing. Contact publications that interest you and/or submit ideas. Also, while you're networking locally, mention to business owners that you'd be happy to write profile pieces for them. You just might find additional work for yourself and another creative outlet. Good luck!
Glean more useful information at Tom Fuszard's blog, found at http://tomfuszard.com.
Tom Fuszard

Postby Sabrina Gage on Tue May 15, 2012 12:16 am

Poetry! Although my techinques is not good ,the process of writing them gives me a lot of fun.And,rewriting lyrics of songs is also very fun.
Sabrina Gage

Postby LatoniaBarry LatoniaBarry on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:35 am

One for my daughter actually ended with the princess turning the evil witch into a flower...cursed to spend her life as something beautiful and enjoyable to others.
Amazing daily deal for Leverage Season 5 DVD can let you save more!

LatoniaBarry LatoniaBarry
Contribution Level: 1

Next

Return to Copywriting Forum