Forums

Success is easy really....

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Postby Dr Janey Little on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:28 am

Hi folks!

I just wanted to share ‘the formula' I found so effective when I started on my mlm road. Whenever I find myself straying off target, I come straight back to these simple steps....

1. Know what you want: It sounds so simple, yet still so few take the time to think about what they really want from their mlm business. How can we ever achieve anything if we don't know where we're headed? We wouldn't take a road-trip without knowing our end destination would we? Well, our mlm business is no different!
Firstly we need to take the time to commit, in writing, what our dreams and goals really are. And we're allowed to think BIG here. The dream needs to inspire and keep us on track through all the ups and downs. I remind you too, that it is a strange, but undeniable truth that achieving massively in life actually takes no more effort than settling for mediocrity.
Once you've got your wildest dreams written down, don't stop there. Begin each day by reading them, and then closing your eyes and visualizing yourself already living that dream. And feel the emotions associated with acquiring them, which will have the effect of stoking the fire of those dreams.
In addition, write the goal down, and take it with you everywhere, in your pocket or your wallet, so that you may read it and remind yourself of it frequently, keeping you focused, inspired and on-track.

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” Henry Ford

2. Have a plan. Revisiting the analogy of the road-trip, one would always choose a route and have a plan before setting off. And so it is in life. We must write out a plan to reduce a large goal to small manageable and measurable steps to avoid giving into overwhelm. Too many newbies tend to set goals such as 'recruit x people by x date' which is hard to control. Instead consider choosing actions which you have complete control over eg complete AdWords course by x date, set up capture page by x date etc. These are tangible actions that will build your team faster. Now the plan can change along the way, and it usually does, but to set off without one will almost certainly result in us going in circles.

“Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” Pablo Picasso

3. Believe in yourself. Without belief, the best set plans will come to nothing.
I have a couple of quotes which I love, from great people who can probably say this far more eloquently than I can, so I'll hand it over to them....

“Believe and your belief will create the fact.” William James
“Don’t limit yourself. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” Mary Kay Ash
“He who thinks he can, can and he who thinks he can’t, can’t. This is an inexorable, indisputable law”.
And from me...know that you have everything you need within you to achieve anything you set your heart on!

4. Take MASSIVE action! All the visualizing and planning in the world still won't get us to our goals and dreams without taking action....massive action. I have found that I have always had to take far greater action, and grow far more, than I initially thought I would have to at the outset of any new venture. Now realizing this, I know that it is best to begin with the intention of taking far greater action than I would have thought necessary, and the momentum created in doing tends to carry you through to your goals so much quicker. Take on the world and your dreams with an attitude where 'failure is impossible!' It is amazing how, when armed with an attitude of courage and tenacity, how the Universe leaps to our assistance, and quite simply, we become unstoppable!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can...begin it! Boldness has genius, power and magic in it". Goethe
“We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldomn generates action.” Frank Talbot

5. Perseverance: I think Napolean Hill was the one that said, "persistence is to man what iron is to steel". There will be challenges in this business as in any business; accept this. There will be down-times; accept this too. Keep pushing on through all the ups and downs regardless, never taking your eye off your end goal. It takes discipline to keep at it every day, and there’ll be occasions when we’re not ‘in the mood’. But that is exactly what we have to do. This is when maintaining that focus on why you're really doing this (point 1) while excluding all else, can be so powerful.

Success usually goes, not to the person with the greatest talents, but to those who persisted through everything.

I wish you every success!

Dr Janey
http://livingthedream.freeppcleads.com
Dr Janey Little
Contribution Level: 1

Re: Success is easy really....

Postby Jae Matthews on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:39 am

Great Points! Everyone should embrace that package! :D
Don't Shoot Yourself! I'm Hiring!! [url=#]www.ComingBackSoon.com[/url] Let's Get Fired Up!
Jae Matthews
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Alexander Fraser on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:48 am

Exactly, you really have to know yourself, know what you want, and have a clear plan of how to get it!
Alexander Fraser

Postby Michael Bristol on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:45 am

Dr Janey,

Thank you for your widsom. It is always good to come back to our center as an anchor that keep us on focus.

One thing I utilize is what is called 'The Anticipation Factor' when it comes to setting goals and attaining them. The Anticipation Factor is setting up the anticipation of tomorrow -today. If I know I do not have somthing exciting happening tomorrow in my business - I will do something that creates that excitement so I wake up with 'The Anticipation Factor'. I may call a client that is doing well on our product and hear the passion in their voice after using our program for over a year and seeing what it is doing for their lives and family. That will get me excited when I wake up tomorrow and create another client who will have the same experiance.

"The power of a waterfall starts with one drop." (movie -The Power of One) Our goals may be huge but we can only attain them by forward movement each and every day.

Great post and thank you again.

Michael Bristol
Michael Bristol

Postby Lee Riley on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:08 pm

doctorjaney wrote:2. Have a plan. Revisiting the analogy of the road-trip, one would always choose a route and have a plan before setting off. And so it is in life. We must write out a plan to reduce a large goal to small manageable and measurable steps to avoid giving into overwhelm. Too many newbies tend to set goals such as 'recruit x people by x date' which is hard to control. Instead consider choosing actions which you have complete control over eg complete AdWords course by x date, set up capture page by x date etc. These are tangible actions that will build your team faster. Now the plan can change along the way, and it usually does, but to set off without one will almost certainly result in us going in circles.

A plan like this is crucial. So many people sit down and write out there goals, but never create a plan to reach those goals. That's like saying I'm going to Europe this summer, but never buying a plane ticket.

I think it is OK to set goals like recruit x people by x date as long as you know what it is going to take to get there. I track everything I do and can tell you how many hits to my website I need in order to get a new associate. I also know how many hits I will get from different forms of marketing that I do. Using this, I am able to break down exactly what I need to do on a daily basis to hit my goals.
Lee Riley

Postby Dario Montes de Oca on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:26 am

I thought I was going to read something else when opening this.

Here I'll finish it for you:

"Success is easy really... After you work hard and automate the process."

Great post Dr. Janey!

Dario

Dario Montes de Oca

Postby Donald Maurizzio on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:39 am

Great post!

Many employee minded people who decide to be in business for themselves never get to the point of DEFINING any of what you have!

I truly believe it starts with a shift in thinking!

Reading # 1 in your formula reminds me of a university study done MANY years ago about achieving goals...Out of all the graduates ONLY 3% actually hit the mark and 97% miss it!!! The reason why was a big one...Those 3% actually WROTE their GOALS out. Amazing...N.Hill wrote about "desire is the starting point of ALL achievement", The Secret tells us to VISUALIZE ourselves there...AND... many have proved that writing them down WORKS!

On #2...A road trip to no where can be a whole bunch of fun... if... that is what is what you are looking for then GREAT!

Learning how to build a solid business plan makes all the difference! I absolutely concure with your outlook about how newbies in business plan for things they cannot control. I focus on EXPOSURE and let the "Law Of Averages" take its course.

Educating myself has unlocked much of the mystery and with the old saying "success leaves clues" ... Mike & Jim sharing MS and PPC Domination with us, gives us the edge a solid plan needs for success!

When I first came to the networking arena 20+ years ago, I had some well meaning upline teaching me about goal setting and I just didn't get it then like I do now!

#3... I personally have had to overcome this one and it has taken some years to combat the negative forces of the past! Reading quotes daily like you have posted is what started my journey to over come my self-limiting beliefs. So if any readers are having proplems with that...clean up the wreckage of the past!!!

#4...Masssive action! We have all heard it said that Knowlege Is Power. Actually... APPLIED knowlege is really where the power lies as so many of us have learned. Great ponts you made here!

#5...We have so many great examples of perseverance... Mike Dillard is why we are all here and we know his story!

Look at Colonel Sanders, who at 67 lived in his car with his only income being his social security check while starting KFC.

Sylvester Stallone went to 9 different movie studios for a total of presenting the idea of Rocky 900+ times before they took him to play the lead role! The studio who finally said YES to HIM is ure glad they did!

Again..."success leaves clues" ...So i have spend time in my personal development stuying other success stories!

Thank you Dr Janey for a great look into your personal formula for success!

Plan your work and work your plan my grandfather always used to say!

Donnie Maurizzio
http://DonnieMaurizzio.freeppcleads.com
Donald Maurizzio
Company: Numis Network

Postby Deborah Tutnauer on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:18 am

Looks like we have a group of people here who understand the value of a true "why" statement, a vision of what reaching the goal really looks like and feels like, and the knowledge that without an action plan you spend a lot of time chasing your tail. There's not much I can add which has not already been said except for this....

TEACH this process, this way of moving forward in your business. TEACH it to your down-line. TEACH it even to your prospects. TEACH it to those who ask for your help. It is amazing how many people do not have a grasp of what it takes. It's not always due to lack of desire, but often to lack of example or information. Remember that network marketing is a business of duplication. Not only do you need to teach your organization to duplicate your successful marketing system, you also need to teach all that has been spoken about in this thread.
I help Frustrated Entrepreneurs get real about Money, Marketing and Meaning.

Transformational Success Coaching begins with a Click and and an Appointment!
Deborah Tutnauer
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Nathaniel Johnson on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:00 pm

doctorjaney wrote:
“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” Henry Ford

...epic quote
ImageImageImageImageImage
Nathaniel Johnson
Contribution Level: 6

Postby Anthony Harris on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:53 am

Success is easy when you have the tools

the mentor and the system set in place

also you will need traffic. The more

people that come see your site, the more leads,

and more sales.
EXPOSED:"I Leveled The Playing Field And Removed Every Roadblock