Forums

What does this Person want?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

What does this Person want?

Postby on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:14 am

This I hope will be interesting to all.

If a person walks into a hardware store and ask where the drills are located, what does that person really want :?:
Best to you,
Charles Larkin

I am in the Smiles business! http://www.CharlesLarkin.info

Re: What does this Person want?

Postby on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:25 am

the phone number of the worker in the store. he's had a crush on them for weeks but can't get up the nerve so he just asks where stuff is. and every now and then, buys something.

or a drill. he's a contractor and needs some new gear for his outfit.

i'm assuming you're looking for hole here.

jM

Postby on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:20 am

he wants to make a hole!
Bill Nissen Pastor/Co-Founder of ViSalus Faith and Fitness. Build a solid income stream with a noble cause! Simply by losing 10lbs- we will then feed a child in need through the Project 10 Challenge. www.p10challenge.com"

Postby on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:49 am

I should have known that this arena would know the answer. Even be able to inject some humor into it. We must all realize that the end result is what our prospects want. We must focus on how we can help them get the result they are looking for. The businesses we have to offer are the drill. Our help and dedication to help them drill that hole is what is important. We can't drill the hole for them but we can make sure they understand that the hole is just as important to us as it is to them. We have to be willing to give of ourselves. That is what makes success. :D
Best to you,
Charles Larkin

I am in the Smiles business! http://www.CharlesLarkin.info

Postby on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:39 pm

Well as you cannot actually sell him a hole I would assume that he wants a drill?
Regards, Nemo.
In a world where you can be anything ... Be Yourself ...

Postby on Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:35 pm

We all realize that the person probably wants to create a hole at some point. However, if I walked into a store and asked where the drills were kept, I would be seriously turned off by someone just running off and getting me one rather than answering my question. That doesn't even discuss someone volunteering to drill it for me. Creepy!

What your prospect would really, REALLY like is some advice on how to get to where he wants to go and obtain what he wants to obtain. Answer the question he asked, not the one you presume he meant. If he wants more specific information, I'm betting he'll ask.

Postby on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:03 pm

"Nobody who bought a drill actually wanted a drill. They wanted a hole. Therefore, if you want to sell drills, you should advertise information about making holes- Not information about drills!" -Perry Marshall

This dude wants a hole!

-Adam
Want to Know How I Generated 5,811 Leads and Recruited 166 Members in 12 Months Without Even Picking Up The Phone?

All New 4 Part Video Training Series Coming Soon!

Get on the waiting list HERE ==>> http://MeetAdamChandler.com/list

Postby on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:22 pm

However, if I walked into a store and asked where the drills were kept, I would be seriously turned off by someone just running off and getting me one rather than answering my question. That doesn't even discuss someone volunteering to drill it for me. Creepy!

I don't think you'll find anyone here running to get your drill for you, and definitely nobody who is prepared to actually drill the hole for you!

But a good salesman would ask what you wanted the drill for so that he could direct you to the best drill for your particular needs, and not the one that would give him the biggest commission.
Okay, I finally opened up.

Image.

Check out how I can help you.

Postby on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:24 pm

they really want a drill.

Maybe they want to take it apart and study it for their engineering class. Maybe they want to use it as a drink coaster. Who knows. They asked for what they wanted. And "where are the drills" sounds like a buying question to me--so i wouldn't bother to do much more with it than tell her where they are.

This is like people on adwords who bid on magnetic sponsoring and then still show a squeeze page. Just send directly to the order button. Forget the sales letter even. You need to provide the shortest path to the question asked.

If they came in seeking advice on the other hand, you'd need a different approach of educating first then selling.

Jim
Ready to GIVE UP on the AFFILIATE business model?
Here's 9 chapters on what smart people with your skills are doing now that the fun's over.

Postby on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:06 am

When it comes to the idea of the drill vs the hole... the guy wants a drill, what he MOST LIKELY wants it for is to drill a hole. you're still going to point him to the drills, but having some idea of what they are used for benefits you in helping them. ultimately like susan said, you want to ask them what they are going to use it for so that you can get more information.

the drill vs hole as it applies to "magnetic sponsoring" is more the idea of how to find people looking for drills or how to present yourself in front of them as the person they should go to find the drill. they might not even be sure that they need a drill specifically. most likely they know for sure that they want to make a hole. if you can find ways to get yourself in front of people trying to make holes, you'll be able to sell some drills without wasting as much time & maybe money trying to advertise to the wrong people.

i don't apply this idea to people who are looking for something, but rather i apply it to the ways to look for people that are looking for something... something you've got or can help them get.

jM

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion