Forums

What would you do? (Serious Question)

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

What would you do? (Serious Question)

Postby Renee Scattergood on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:26 am

Hi guys,

I recently posted a blog about Better Networker on another social networking site. I essentially mentioned the opportunity to learn from some of the top earners in this industry and I got a comment that kinda left me baffled... I really can't believe there are people who think like this:

"Just curious. What do you see as the advantage to being a part of a network marketers group as a network marketer. Most folks are looking for prospects not teachers. IMHO"

I'm just wondering how some of you would have responded to that?

Renee
Have a Great Day!

Renee

Get This Free Ebook
Renee Scattergood
Contribution Level: 2

Re: What would you do? (Serious Question)

Postby Adam Taha on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:01 pm

To be honest Renee, I wouldn't even bother. Silence enough will show the level of their knowledge, which doesn't impress me at all. Because a leader doesn't talk that way for starters. Sounds like a kid or someone who doesn't get the meaning of mentorship.

If I was lets say, four years back, I would have talked back on mentorship about mentorship and leaders don't chase prospects. Prospects chase them, period. That people are attracted to the person, the leadership, the one who can solve problems. Yeah, go, chase prospects. Maybe do some door to door while you at it and cold calling bananza on sunday afternoon and convince the heck out of them.

But I'm wiser, so I let them lie there and don't bother.

But that is me mate. Maybe some are different. Don't take it to heart. Trust me. Some get it and some don't. You Renee...got it.

You'll see it in other forums too. Things will change. It's already happening in a big way.

Adam
This is just one of the websites out of many I've designed and then built built by web developer called Wayne Hatter. Want to see others let me know..
http://yourwpmadesimple.com/
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby Linda Colgan on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Renee

I wouldn't bother to respond either. Concentrate your efforts on those who want to move forward and give you a sense that they have a more positive attitude than IMHO. Then, again, he/she kind of throws you off guard by opening with "Just Curious". Perhaps he/she really doesn't have a clue and would be open to hearing your candid response. You might be able to really help him/her to understand. Maybe once you get a whole bunch of responses, you could send IMHO the thread. They answer the question...
Linda Colgan
Contribution Level: 1

Postby William Nissen on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:32 pm

not everyone here has the same motivation you seem to have. My motivation is to hang around successful people for inspiration and support. Thankfully, there are some at BN desiring this as well.

Bill Nissen
Bill Nissen Pastor/Co-Founder of ViSalus Faith and Fitness. Build a solid income stream with a noble cause! Simply by losing 10lbs- we will then feed a child in need through the Project 10 Challenge. www.p10challenge.com"
William Nissen
Company: ViSalus Sciences
Contribution Level: 5

Postby Logan Wandell on Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Renee,

The best way to search for your answers is to look within yourself. You will know a truthful answer behind the questions asked when you have learned how to think, not what to think. There's no need to look for outside answers when the answers you seek are found within yourself.

(Hope this wasn't too cryptic...)
Logan Wandell
Delivering Small to Mid-Size Businesses A Large, Loyal, & Lasting Customer Base
Logan Wandell
Company: Caboodle
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Tomas Kuracina on Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:46 pm

Hello,

Well I would just reply that it's community of people and it's normal to be in such comunity where people with same interests share information and participate..

I think that person who wrote that doesn't understand the social networking and attraction marketing as well ;)
Tomas Kuracina
Helping others reach their goals&grow

Mike Dillard &Jim Yaghi showing you how to dominate PPC
Learn from them in these free videos

Learn how to build your MLM business like the Top Producers!
Tomas Kuracina
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Josef Benjamin on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:18 pm

:lol: very funny question...I havn't read any of the comments here..
but I'm betting that most of the leaders here have said something like
"I wouldn't have bothered to respond" or something like it.

You'll get those types of reponeses..just ignore them, as if your eyes
are glazing over a bland and boring conversation.

Personally, It's impossible for me to see ignorance now, I tune out of
it and don't take it personally. You shouldn't either. You can either
delete the comment, or comment to let readers know the ignorance
of the reader.

use it as a opportunity to educate your readers. It's a challenge, and you
can handle it either way.
Learn how I generate 23+ leads PER DAY in my sleep on auto-pilot using EXTREMELY effective marketing strategies for FREE to LOW-COST Become A Bad Azz Network Marketer ===>http://www.BigMoneyMarketing.Com<===
Josef Benjamin

Postby Renee Scattergood on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:21 am

Thanks everyone for your replies. I wasn't put off by what he said... I think the best way to explain it was I just couldn't believe he thinks people new to this business don't need someone to teach them how to do the business. I mean to me it's just common sense... so it just blew me away in a kind of "is this guy for real" way.

I had a look at his profile and that baffled me even more because he presents himself as a "leader" of his business and offers to "teach" people how to be successful. LOL... so he pretty much completely contradicted himself.

Anyway... I didn't comment to him directly, but I did leave a response to his comment on my blog explaining the importance of mentorship and that sort of stuff. I was just curious as to how others would have handled the same situation. It still has me baffled, but no it didn't upset me or anything. It actually had me laughing.

Thanks guys!

Renee
Have a Great Day!

Renee

Get This Free Ebook
Renee Scattergood

Postby Adam Taha on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:52 am

jdbourgade wrote:THAT PERSON JUST NEEDS A LITTLE MORE TIME IN NETWORKING. IF HES DETERMINED ENOUGH, HE WILL KNOW THIS IS NOT THE BEST ROUTE.

Not being funny mate but why do you use caps letters all time. It shows you're shouting.

Can you use lower case please. Be cool if you did mate. Cheers.

Adam
This is just one of the websites out of many I've designed and then built built by web developer called Wayne Hatter. Want to see others let me know..
http://yourwpmadesimple.com/
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby Justin Finkelstein on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:53 pm

I think it is true that most people are looking for prospects.

I would validate that to the person and explain why you made the post.

The person may be curious as to why you would make the post or the person may be trying to be difficult.

If the person is curious, then you may make a new friend.

Good luck.

Thanks,

Justin
Justin Finkelstein

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion