Forums

Is YouTube The Only Video Site Worth Uploading To?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Is YouTube The Only Video Site Worth Uploading To?

Postby Greg Martin on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:00 am

I have often wondered how all the other video sharing sites out there compare to YouTube from a marketing perspective.

Is it worth even uploading to them or is it purely just for backlinks that you would upload to the site?

I have videos on multiple sites likes most people do, and they get very few clicks compared to Youtube. I use TubeMogul to upload.

Any comments?
>>> Signature Coming <<<
Greg Martin
Contribution Level: 4

Re: Is YouTube The Only Video Site Worth Uploading To?

Postby JF Grissom on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:00 am

I think other sites are valid. The ones with High Google PR will have millions of viewers a day.

Check out http://www.jackhumphrey.com/fridaytraff ... ing-sites/

The real problem comes with having time to get it all done.

Videos for back-links for sure. As well, to establish your credibility and make offers.

:mrgreen:

Good post for discussion!

I use a few different services to distribute video. Blip.TV is one that I have heard good things about too.
JF Grissom
Contribution Level: 2

Postby on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:43 am

Seems to me like backlinks alone are enough reason if you're targeting decent keywords... the 'real people' views become a "cherry on top" bonus.

Andrea
www.NaturalNetworkers.com ~ a niche and attraction marketing community that loves Magnetic Sponsoring

Who else wants - Internet Marketing Help?
LearnitStepbyStep.com

Postby Theresa Moss on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:08 am

Hi Greg,

You Tube is of course (by far) the most widely used video site on the internet. However, many marketers realize that there is traffic to be harvested from all the other sites combined, and, if you are building a brand and have value to offer, then you should be taking advantage of as many eyeballs as you possibly can every single day. It can be very time consuming not only to research which video sites are out there, but then to manually upload to all of them. This is a task I happily outsource with Traffic Geyser. They upload to 20 video sites, 11 podcast sites, 1 blog site, and 9 social bookmarking sites with on click. Saves tons of time and increases your exposure tenfold. I hope this was helpful. :)

To Your Success,
Theresa Moss
http://www.TrafficGeyser.com/cmd.php?af=861573
http://www.SlightlyTwistedMarkeitng.com
Theresa Moss
Company: Global Resorts Network
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Josh Thomas on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:28 pm

Greg,
Can you share your experience with TubeMogul? Is it effective?

Theresa,
Same question about TG. I REALLY like Mike Koenigs, but I have
heard mixed reviews on TG. Any real results to share? I see your
affiliate link, but I'd like some hard stats if you are comfortable
sharing.

Thanks all.
Josh Thomas
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Andrew Peel on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Visit a site called TubeMogul and free and just as good as Traffic Geyser for video distribution in terms of end results. Up load your video tick all the sites and they will blast it out job done. I do all my videos that way and am still ranked on page 1 of Google in the organic side of Google for several search terms for my home City with a population of 460,000. The trick is to pick a search term associated with a geographical location that returns 300,000 hits or less. You don't even have to live there if you just say in the video, 'in this area' rather than mentioning the place by name. Then just add the name of the place in the title of the vidoe before uploading and in the tags of course.
Andrew Peel
Owner
APeel Solutions
http://APeel-SolutionsBlog.info

Andrew Peel

Postby Josh Thomas on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Hey Andrew,
Thanks for the tip. I think I remember Mike Koenigs talking about
the 300,000 rule in a blog post. So, geo-targeting is the most effective
way to go, eh?
Josh Thomas

Postby Andrew Peel on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:04 pm

Geo targettting yes because Google are going to implement it themselves from next year I believe, you will have to select an area when setting up your PPC Campaigns not just a country. They've realised allowing one person to own a Keyphrase for the globe is depriving them of revenue and is not the way people search naturally. Type in 'home business in Manchester' in google.co.uk and you will find my site apeelsolutions listed twice on the left. That would have cost be a lot of dollars in Adwords and it's been there for two weeks now and I don't pay for click, it took 12 30-50 second videos all with slightly different varations in like liegitimate home business etc. As Google prefers user generated content now boom thats how it works.
Andrew Peel
Owner
APeel Solutions
http://APeel-SolutionsBlog.info

Andrew Peel

Postby Greg Martin on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:29 pm

joshthomas80 wrote:Greg,
Can you share your experience with TubeMogul? Is it effective?

TubeMogul is fine, it's free and does what it says it will do. I have not used TG so I can't compare.

Just upload one video to TM and away you go. But I have noticed it's a little difficult to establish a real sense of community with using TM, you actually need to go on to the site, like Youtube for example, and interact there.

So if it's community connections you want to establish you will still need to go on to the video site itself. But for uploading TM is great.

I have heard various reviews about TG as well, and from what I can tell it all depends on "who" is using it. Like anything, some people will have a great expereince and others wont. I think a lot depends on their expereince and expectations.

I think the best way to find out with any of these things is to try them yourself. Then you can become the expert doing the recomendations in the eyes of your team and prospects.

Experience counts for so much in this industry.
>>> Signature Coming <<<
Greg Martin
Contribution Level: 4

Postby John Zajaros on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Greg,

There are a myriad of video sites you can upload to! Tube Mogul is great but there is another even better resource for video marketing!

However, if you are watching your budget, and know how to make your own videos, particularly slide show videos from PowerPoint, then TubeMogul is adequate. In fact, I've used it too. However, if you aren't as technically savvy or just don't have the time to open dozens of user accounts and then monitor them for days, weeks, and even months, you can have it done for you.

Video marketing, regardless of whether it is YouTube alone, not as effective, or YouTube in concert with the several dozen others out there, the strategy took me to page one on Google, Yahoo, & eventually MSN for several niches I am in!

So yes, it is worth it. YouTube alone? Eventually you'll see results but not immediately, unless you are using certain "gimmicks" we won't discuss here or are "promoting" the videos by paying for them! Why would you do that when you can, if you want to, have it all done for you, get much better results at a fraction of the price, and be all over the place for weeks on automatic pilot.

Video is the platform, the specific vehicle you engage will ultimately determine how fast and how good your results are. Either way, it is where the clients are...and where the money is! Tony Robbins, Frank Kern, Mike Dillard, Chris Carpenter, Mike Filsaime, and so many others have already found this out and are doing a masterful job. The average "Joe" or "Jane" can too, it makes no difference whether you are a "guru" or not:

*message content* plus *multiple video exposure* equals *real dollars*!

Good luck and best wishes in all you do everyone!

Prof. John P. J. Zajaros, Sr.
216-712-6526
[email protected]

Want an awesome video resource? And a 30 day free trial?
http://VideoTrafficDominance.com
John Zajaros
Contribution Level: 1

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion