Forums

Defining Value | What is Value?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Defining Value | What is Value?

Postby Kaitlin Rose on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:33 am

I hear the phrase all the time, Provide value. But what does a newbie, or as Eric Walker likes to say, a "smart beginner" need to know about what it means to provide value?

This is what I came up with...How about you? What is value?

Once you understand what it means to provide value and get some practice with it, you then must think about who YOU will be on the internet, your identity or as Mike Dillard puts it in Magnetic Sponsoring, your brand. You can also think of this as your Unique Selling Proposition or USP.

Here's a video tutorial exercise to assist with USP.
I am testing online marketing systems to see which produce the best lead generation results. http://mlmsystemscheck.blogspot.com/
Kaitlin Rose
Contribution Level: 2

Re: Defining Value | What is Value?

Postby Mike Klingler on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:23 am

Kaitlin that rocked! You definitely have a future in educational business empowerment videos :-)

Your camera presences is superb (Didi just watched with me and she totally agrees!) I also like how you used the words on the screen to emphasize your points. Well done.

The key now is to get this posted throughout content Eric and you have throughout the web. Could even go through the Marketing Merge content network if you like. You want to post it in as many places as you can to increase the number of views you get. Those all register on YouTube and the more you have on YouTube the easier it is to get more exposure for this AND future videos.

See if you get get this on the front page of google with the Search Term Attraction Marketing. To help make this happen place it within content you have created as close to those key words as possible at your Squidoos, blog posts, etc... and also create incoming links from your web of content with that as your anchor text.

Attraction Marketing is becoming a higher and higher quality search term. Create 4-5 more videos to optimize for the key word Attraction Marketing and make a YouTube play list out of it. Then also link to that play list URL. Soon you'll own that key word. It's amazing how little competition there still is when you set out to do things like this. But even if you don't make it on front page of Google by doing all that, I assure you, you'll still get TONS of long term mileage and results out of that work.

Anyway, back to ur video--GREAT job!!!
Mike
"Marketing Funnel Mastery - Putting the Pieces Together!
http://www.MarketingFunnelMastery.com
Mike Klingler
Contribution Level: 7

Postby on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:58 am

Hi Kaitlin -

I really like the words that support the points of your video as well - nice background too!

Good job :)

Andrea
www.NaturalNetworkers.com ~ a niche and attraction marketing community that loves Magnetic Sponsoring

Who else wants - Internet Marketing Help?
LearnitStepbyStep.com

Postby Kaitlin Rose on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:01 am

@Mike - Hey, thanks so much Mike! I appreciate your response, big time. You're always providing big time value!

I've been "hanging out with you" via How I Built My First List. I haven't been able to get through too much at one time though, as Ella beckons at will, and I want to be able to watch the screen rather than just listening to the video like background music. I can't absorb 100% of what you're teaching that way. So it's taking me longer, but I'm getting a lot out of it. I like the series so far. I'm always impressed at your teaching skills, and how much information you have to provide.

The idea to make this short video yesterday came into my mind the night before, (as many thoughts do, just before I fall asleep) and I woke up excited to act on it. I waited until Ella's morning nap, got done up, and made the video about 15 times over. This was my first "instructional" video, so I was pretty nervous. You should see the outtakes! Hilarious. But I kept at it, and it payed off. That's a big lesson right there - don't give up!

I have many more ideas about some attraction marketing video shorts. So stay tuned!

@Andrea - Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you appreciated the video. I stood in front of our big white board in the office. I was going to write on it long hand but it was going to take me too much time. (and I have limited time to work with when the baby is asleep!) Take care.
I am testing online marketing systems to see which produce the best lead generation results. http://mlmsystemscheck.blogspot.com/
Kaitlin Rose

Postby Mike Klingler on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:32 am

You should hang on to those outtakes!

Because I can tell you can really excel with video (everyone has an advantage at one thing or another and I think this definitely can be yours if you want it to be).

Later, if you decide to end up doing a lot of videos, showing people the first outtakes could be awesome training content to help them get over the emotional hurdles of growing with video (and it's helping people get over the emotional hurdles and learning how to manage the 'i can't do it' feelings that is the MOST valuable training of all).

By the way, my daughter is 7 and my son 5--when my daughter was born I was struggling financially because I'd just returned from a 2 year 'time off' and my residual MLM income at that time had gotten low. I had to work at home and often times take care of my daughter when she was about 6-11 months (my "now" X-wife returned to work with a fridge full of breast milk and a 'good luck' :-)... we had a lot of help the first 6 months but after that I was building the business and raising her -- working with her right there in the room at all times except sleep time. So I can 'almost' relate to juggling all that.

Congratulations by the way! Ella is a beautiful name!
Mike
"Marketing Funnel Mastery - Putting the Pieces Together!
http://www.MarketingFunnelMastery.com
Mike Klingler
Contribution Level: 7

Postby JF Grissom on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:54 am

Hi Kaitlin,

I agree with Mike you're doing a bang up job! :mrgreen:

This is the kind of leadership our industry needs!

To add to this thread here are some of what I use to create value in the eyes of my viewers.

Self Centered selling - Speaking directly to your visitor, not a crowd, in your ad-copy.
Contrast - Before and afters are very effective.
Tangibility - Connecting what you want someone to buy with what they are comfortable with.
Clear boundaries - Having a clear beginning and end to the sales story.
Visuals - Pictures say it all if you have the right pictures.
Emotion - And of course passion.

Each one of these items should explain how, what, when, and why.

There are many other things to add to this but I don't want to hi-jack the discussion. :mrgreen:

In the end you're doing a great thing by creating those videos. I hope you are syndicating them through a service like Blip.TV or some other video distribution service. This kind of good stuff should be shared.
JF Grissom

Postby Peter Arnold on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:26 am

Hey Kaitlin:

As others have said - EXCELLENT Video - nicely explained - helpful - many thanks!

You have asked us what 'we' feel that term (Providing VALUE) means - here are some thoughts...

To begin, I personally feel that it's been a somewhat overused and over-diluted term floating about in the noise of the Internet world today.

Many of us have become a bit 'numb' to the art of providing value because the meaning is equated with "would you like that super-sized sir?"

Super-size it and pay more. Where is the value in that? Or, under-size it to begin with and, then ask the question. If the customer declines, the deal even goes more toward the opposite direction - it's under valued.

Myself, I have drilled and sifted down the meaning to this => Providing more than what is expected.

That's it. No pukey corporate rhetoric - no psychological mumbo jumbo

=> Just give more than what is expected.

Attraction Marketing- is all about "providing more than what is expected" We gain an audience that's both interested and grateful.

Kaitlin, this is exactly what you have done with your new Video - by helping to unravel the mystery in simple terms - by providing clarity, with a human touch.

Personally, I tend to gravitate to those who offer advice, life lessons or information that I find useful. I am not as prone to visit sites where the writer talks about themselves - unless there is a real message behind their story.

I believe we need to think about our life and our business in terms of - what can we provide to someone that is "more than what they expected"?

I believe we need to "give in order to GIVE" - not in order to GET.

Ann Sieg says that we need to "give insane value" - over and over and over again - in many different places (Mike Klingler teaches us how) - and as a result, we separate ourselves from the masses + we "attract" others who are of like mind.

My sense is that Ann would say you should "go to the front of the class" in this respect! :-)

Bottom Line - we need to become true "givers" - and the more we give - in a way that adds real value to another’s life or business - the more the giver’s life itself (ours) becomes blessed.

Very empowering.

Just my own .03-cents worth (Canadian).

Again - much appreciated - a topic that 'needed' to be better defined.

Warmly / Peter A.
http://www.PeterArnoldOnline.com

Peter Arnold, CLU, CFC / Founder
Business Achievers Academy / Canada
Peter Arnold
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Theresa Moss on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:49 am

Kaitlin,
You have a really good video presence, and I think you're gonna do great in your business. Good, infomative content, too. 15 takes! That's too funny. I thought I was the only one who did that! :)

To Your Success,
Theresa Moss
http://BestOnlineMlmSecrets.com
http://SlightlyTwistedMarketing.com
Theresa Moss
Company: Global Resorts Network
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Kaitlin Rose on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:04 am

Thanks for all the great comments. I'm glad that my video has touched all of you in such a "human" way!

It can be hard not to cross that very fine line when trying to promote what you do and provide value at the same time, especially when you're talking about something, (like Renegade University, for example) that is very high value to begin with.

I think one way to be successful at attraction marketing is being able to give value while "promoting" at the same time. (a value based pitch) When you're busy branding YOU and providing quality value, you can talk naturally about what you do or what you have to offer. The tricky part, but the absolutely necessary part, is providing so much value towards the niche or target audience that you're trying to attract, that what you're providing as a service or promoting as an opportunity doesn't come across as a pitch because your audience is so interested. (say they're typing in a long-tailed keyword and are getting exactly what they're looking for with your highly optimized content - which is why it's so important to over-deliver on valuable information and give 'em what they want!)

Then again, my video contradicts what I just said because I don't mention a single thing about where I learned about attraction marketing or providing value.

To be completely transparent about the method of attraction marketing that I'm employing in that video, it is my (our) hope as a marketer(s), (because it is inevitably what we do and how we hope to earn a living) that people will view the video, take an interest in ME, (because I'm branding myself) and follow along with other relative content that I put out on the web. Then over time, perhaps they will connect with me somehow, whether it be through email, a capture form, or even here on BN, and ask about what it is I do. I would then tell them where I learned everything I know about attraction marketing and building your business online, at which point they will either sign up into that program, or not.

That's the name of the game.

BetterNetworker is a great place to come and share these types of things, because we're all in this together; all trying to provide value and succeed with our business. I love that I'm able to come here and post something like the video above and get constructive feedback.

@Mike - thanks for sharing your story. I appreciate it. And I have saved the outtakes for just that reason (Eric's too!) @Theresa - You're NOT the only one.

Budding entreprenuer and lovin' it,
Kaitlin
Kaitlin Rose

Postby on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi Kaitlin,

Eric's a lucky man to have you as a partner in the family business.I think it's great that you two are on the same wave length and are working your business together.The concept of providing value before pitching your business opportunity is something I think many marketers online tend to forget.Its natural to get excited about promoting your offers,and I think you should be excited about your business.

But the online world is very different in how you should go about attracting people to your products and services.In the offline world it's all about contracts,bids,salesmanship and developing relationships though the service you provide or products you're selling.

Online people want one thing and one thing only,information that's it.The search engines reward you for relevant and valuable information because they know that's what people want.No selling no pitching just value based information.People know good value when they see it,so there's no need in trying to get over.Great video and a perfect example of being yourself.
Persistence and Determination is a must,training plus action equals success !And above all else don't ever quit.

http://www.thecarboncopyprotimes.com/

http://www.networkmarketingindustries.com/

http://www.marketingmerge.com/

Return to Main MLM Discussion