Forums

A Little Confused About "Carbon Copy Pro"

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

A Little Confused About "Carbon Copy Pro"

Postby Eldon Beard on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Something I've found interesting....I had someone ask me recently if I knew anything about Carbon Copy Pro. They were intrigued because Mike Dillard is involved. With Mike's good reputation and the outstanding quality of his educational and training materials, that is understandable.

Here's the paradox I'm seeing.

Better Networker is known as a gathering place for people pursuing MLM/network marketing opportunities.

Mike Dillard's best known products (Magnetic Sponsoring for one) are oriented toward teaching methods for achieving success in MLM/network marketing.

Carbon Copy Pro and the opportunity they represent, Wealth Masters International, is very prominent here. However, some in their signatures and comments proudly proclaim that CCP is NOT MLM.

Mike's "Coffee House Letter" that assists in promoting this opportunity starts out like this (assuming this is the correct version of it):

If you're looking to achieve financial freedom from home, specifically through a "MLM" or network marketing opportunity, you're in for a rude awakening my friend.

Carbon Copy Pro and WMI may be one of the greatest business opportunities out there, and I'm certainly not being critical of it. I'm just puzzled by the "thank goodness this isn't MLM" approach that seems to come even from Mike himself.
Eldon Beard
Company: Organo Gold, Inc.
Contribution Level: 2

Re: A Little Confused About "Carbon Copy Pro"

Postby Lawyer Marketer on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:56 pm

:D
Last edited by sdsoboleski on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawyer Marketer

Postby Eldon Beard on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:12 am

Hello Sean,

I followed your link, gained access to the Coffee House letter, it's the same one with the same language I quoted above. I copied the below directly from the page I land on after entering an email address:

--------------------
"The Coffee House Letter"
Why Networkers Are Throwing in the Towel on Downline Building, And Using a New Concept Called G.P.T. to Make More Money Than Ever…

Subject: "The Painful Truth..."

If you're looking to achieve financial freedom from home, specifically through a "MLM" or network marketing opportunity, you're in for a rude awakening my friend.
---------------------

I did read the letter. I do understand the contrast it draws between traditional MLM and the concept of "internet network marketing". Many things in the letter make sense.

As I mentioned before, I'm not trying to be critical of CCP or WMI. I actually think the concept is interesting. I guess the "thank goodness this isn't MLM" angle seems odd coming from people who are well-known MLM trainers and coaches.
Eldon Beard

Postby Lou Abbott on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:38 am

Hello Eldon, Sean, and others who may know,

It is my impression that Wealth Masters is an MLM as well, is that not true?
If so, what kind of compensation plan does it have?

Same question for Carbon Copy Pro? Is it a single level affiliate program or does it also pay on more than one level?

Always a little curious about this myself,

Lou Abbott
Founder
http://www.MLM-theWholeTruth.com
...for people who want to know the whole truth about the M.L.M industry
Lou Abbott
Company: Mannatech Inc.
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Peter Arnold on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:04 am

'Mornin Gents:

In a sense, I raised this very same issue here a few weeks ago - had a lively discussion with Mike Dillard in that thread.

I must say, he was very open and direct with me, which I appreciated - it helped clarify for me (although I still have some strong feelings about the 'Coffee House Letter' as showing TOP TIER SALES deals as a far better answer than "traditional MLM" businesses ((and I'm 'with' WMI, although no longer 'working' it)).

CCP (Carbon Copy Pro) - This is simply a (powerful) Marketing System to bring prospects to the Top Tier Sales biz, WMI (Wealth Masters International) -- just as RFS (Reverse Funnel System) is, for bringing them to the Top Tier Sales biz, GRN (Global Resorts Network), etc.

Here's that thread, for anyone wishing to see it...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16630#p45674

Sincerely / Peter A.
http://www.PeterArnoldOnline.com

Peter Arnold, CLU, CFC / Founder
Business Achievers Academy / Canada
Peter Arnold
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Lawyer Marketer on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:57 am

Thanks for that
Last edited by sdsoboleski on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawyer Marketer

Postby Forest Marie on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:06 pm

First of all, Mike is a marketer and as a marketer, you need to learn how to play all the sides and deliver the verbiage that resonates with the target audience you're attracting. That's simply the point of the CHL - to attract higher caliber people that will throw some serious money at making money from the comfort of their home.

Secondly, CCPro is not MLM because CCPro is simply a marketing system that you get paid an affiliate commission on and you get paid on the sale of the physical product (The business in a box). It's 1 level deep.

WMI is a 2-level direct sales company and thus a business opportunity. I believe it's not considered a business opp unless it's 2 or more levels. I'm not sure what the 'technical' definition of MLM is, but when I think of MLM versus direct sales, I think of two disparate cultures. One uses terms like get paid today, entrepreneurs wanted, investment required, executive level income and the other uses terms like BP, forced matrix, binary, spillover, start a business under $50, etc.

I will say that in traditional MLM the most I hit was $1800 a month. With CCPro and WMI, multiply that by 10. And now I'm marketing with millionaires and six figure sales professionals. I love it.

And not to hi-jack a thread or anything, but for those interested in CarbonCopyPRO, I just completed my report titled:

"How to Build a Successful CarbonCopyPRO Business by Reaching Millions of Laser Targeted Subscribers Almost Instantly"

If you want it, PM me your request.

Forest

P.S. I'm not exactly a "social networker." I believe in throwing out money to make more and watching 24, talking to people about marketing and other interests, hanging out and pondering the meaning of life with my time.

The report contains methods that cost money (a lot of them very affordable), so if you're looking for freebie leads or methods that requires tons of time and absolutely no money, consider building Building on a Budget from Mike. They definitely work very well, but they take time.
Last edited by forestmarie on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Forest Marie
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Ferny Ceballos on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi Eldon,

I think Mike has addressed this on other threads, but I'll just paraphrase it.

The difference between WMI and mlm businesses, is the comp plan. He's railing on the MLM - build a large organization comp plan. The opportunity still is based on recruiting new reps and sales, albeit far fewer than traditional MLM.

Carbon Copy Pro is the marketing system for the opportunity, but not the biz opp itself.

Although, I would highly recommend doing something to set yourself apart from other CCPro members, so you are not perceived as being "just another CCPro" member. Similar to how Forest created the report for his team.

Ultimately, people are still joining YOU, not CCPro or WMI.

-Ferny
Ferny Ceballos
Company: Numis Network

Postby Forest Marie on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Ferny -- Will you be in Vegas for M2?
Forest Marie

Postby Eldon Beard on Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback and better understand the perspective from which Mike and others are coming here. To the casual observer, though, it still seems contradictory (as stated in Peter's post in another thread titled "Which Side is Mike Dillard On?")

So, in this type of plan, is there any residual at all?
Eldon Beard

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion