Can anyone recommend free traffic generation methods?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Can anyone recommend free traffic generation methods?

Postby Gil Jimenez on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:16 pm

Hello fellow BetterNetworkers!

Can anyone recommend free traffic generation methods
other than Craigslist, Backpage, MLM Forums, that get
results quickly?

I appreciate the advice!

To our success!
"Creating Passionate, Dedicated, Successful Internet Entrepreneurs."
Gil Jimenez
Contribution Level: 2

Re: Can anyone recommend free traffic generation methods?

Postby Dayton Anderson on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:34 pm

There are two other great ways to generate free traffic.
1. Video marketing- YouTube is by far one of the most powerful marketing tactics in existence, and it’s FREE. When it comes to Autopilot traffic generation, lead generation, and personal branding YouTube is king. People get to know you even before they really know you.

2. Article marketing- It's free, and it lasts forever. Like video marketing, once you write one great article, it stays there forever, for people to view. Once you set up a great resource box that makes people take immediate action, it will generate unbelievable amounts of leads.

I really hope that this helps you. I have found these two to be truly amazing marketing tools.

God Bless
Dayton Anderson
Dayton Anderson
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Brenda Gagne on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:11 pm

I use all these and agree with you both.

Another place I get good leads is from Linkedin. There's so many different people to meet on there, and they mostly all professionals, so that is helpful as well.
See How My Income Increased After I Quit My JOB: and Check Out What Else I'm Up To:
Brenda Gagne

Postby Leslie Watson Leake on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Still learning but interested in what anyone has to say! Would love to hear some ideas on this!
Leslie Watson Leake

Postby Jason Liptak on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:51 pm

As mentioned above Video and Articles are a great way to generate free leads.

A few great articles posting sites.

and of course right here at

Also I would include Press Releases (not all press release websites are free)

Also building Lens on These are like miniature webpages. This is a little more advanced and takes more time than the things mentioned above, but you can take your articles and then turn them into Lens.

Good Luck!

Jason Liptak
Helping Your Design Your Future
Through Inspiration, Adventure &Mentorship

Learn The 3 Secrets I Use To Work Less, Make More, And Play Hard!
Jason Liptak
Company: CarbonCopyPRO

Postby todd c on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:51 pm

I am still learning too! great stuff guys! looking forward to reading everybody's responses'
The right place at the right time

For franchise/product info click link below- CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED

todd c
Company: Unicity International, Inc.
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Daniel Shi on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:53 pm

Hey Gil,

Check this baby out:
It's FREE and you even get paid!

This one is good too, a free rotator type:

To You Massive Traffic:)
Health ~ Wealth ~ Freedom
Daniel Shi

Postby Chris Tryon on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:19 pm

So far, this site is KING. Twitter is good as well. Having your own blog is practically a necessity. I haven't quite figured out how to optimize mine yet. I am still learning. Check out Richard Bravo on this site. He always has good, sound advice. Where are you Richard?
Find out what the F.U.S.S. system is all about!
Take your free tour at:
Chris Tryon
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Cherie King on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:28 pm

There are quite a few free ways to generate traffic also want to keep in mind HOW you are using each one.

If you intend to do video marketing, you definitely want to make sure that you are not always talking "My business/program/product" in every single video but that you are also offering value - How to's, tips, things/lessons you've learned etc. and the same actually goes with any free methods you use including:
- Blogging
- Social Media (can't TELL you how many times people tend to only talk about how wonderful their program is on social media sites instead of directing their "friends" to a blog or an article or video that actually offers some valuable information)
- Articles

Now there are other free methods that are up for debate as to their effectiveness such as Safelists and/or List Builders and Traffic Exchanges. Now mind you, many marketers shun those and declare them a total waste of time and energy. However, there are also many marketers who swear by them IF they are used properly (having a capture page and offering something valuable as opposed to your company-replicated website). With those methods, I've found that if you outsource the work that it frees up your time and any results obtained are a bonus but you haven't lost anything such as your highly-valuable time. Personally, rather than hiring people from outsourcing agencies, I gave my 10 and 6-year old a few bucks and had them do the surfing, etc. for me :D That way it allowed me to focus on other more effective aspects of building my business and driving traffic but still get exposure in those other, maybe not-so-effective areas. And yes...I did get some leads from those areas!

But please keep in mind that all of those methods take time. When you use social media avenues or article writing, those are not "get-traffic-quick" methods. It takes time with those...time to (consistently) use them, time to generate interest and viewers, etc. Paid methods (PPC, Solo Ads, etc.) generate faster results overall. Now with videos you can possibly get results quick IF you know how to optimize your videos with good, targeted key word phrases and get your videos either on the first page of the YouTube search or Google (or both).

Alright...I've rambled on enough. Hope somewhere in all of that you were helped at least a little ;)

**Edited to remove name after siggy was created!**
Last edited by twaha on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cherie King
Company: DrinkACT

free traffic generation methods? - My Great Strategy

Postby chris hopkins on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:30 pm

Writing articles is a good longer term traffic generation method.
Writing Articles also helps build your profile online, an important consideration for branding yourself as an expert online.

Do a google search to check out your competition. Choose a niche, if your writing about fishing, your article might be about Trout Fishing. If you do a search on trout fishing you will be competing with millions.
Narrow the niche, trout fishing in river x.

If the results for an allintitle search are still high, narrow the search again eg "trout fishing in river x review"

Keep narrowing the niche by changing the title until your competition is quite narrow.

eg. allintitle: Trout Fishing in River X - 1st Rapids Review

Using this strategy I have narrowed my competition for keywork article marketing down to 1000's rather than 1 000 000' s and regularly get my articles listed on page 1 of google. Anything below 50 000 google listings makes you highly competitive.

Once you have found a niche you can market in competitively you must include the keywork or kewywork phrase as the title of your article. My article title may read something like this.

Use this strategy properly and you can target article market using key word rich articles to achieve page one rankings on google. This will definately drive traffic to your articles and ultimately your websites.

When looking for your niche dont forget to write this in the google search window
allintitle: your topic.

Post your articles to they are the best.
Stop Struggling With Your MLM. You Now Have A Choice
Free Training/ Free Leads
MLM wealth Mastermind System
chris hopkins

Return to Main MLM Discussion