Forums

Do most people join an MLM/NMarketing company to make money?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Do most people join an MLM/NMarketing company to make money?

Postby Darren Prichard on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:30 am

Would I be right in saying that most people join an MLM/Network Marketing/Direct Selling
company to make money? Better Networkers what do you think?

Darren Prichard
THE Primary Program for all Networkers?

http://www.Empower100Percent.com

SKYPE ME: darrensbiz.com
Darren Prichard
Contribution Level: 2

Re: Do most people join an MLM/NMarketing company to make money?

Postby Billee Brady on Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:07 am

Hey Darren,

The truth is that the majority of people do join this industry to make money but the majority of these people give up before they get started it's the passionate ones that truly want to change there life's and stop at nothing to change who are the one's who make it in this industry.

Of course it is about the money because that is what changes life's, that is what creates the time and freedom in your life so you can enjoy the better things in life and not have to report to some ungrateful boss at un godly times in the morning.

But it can't be all about the money!

It has to be about helping other and sharing value because that is what the MLM industry is all about, team work, sharing, helping others to financial freedom.

I wish everyone could see that because i truly want everyone to give up that boring job that is taking them no where fast and start to realize the power of network marketing.

This is where it is at! Make it your passion!

Have a great day....

Billee
Are You Promoting Your Business Into The Ground?- http://www.billeebrady.com
Free Secret To Have People Chasing You To Join Your Business - http://www.bigonlinesecrets.com
Billee Brady

Postby Jan Shimano on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:20 am

On a number of occasions I have joined certain MLM companies because I wanted the product and why not join and get it at a discount....so that's what I did.
When I had success taking the product then I would automatically share it with people and I found myself signing people up because they wanted the product also. None of them were interested in doing the business.
I have actually joined many MLM companies strictly for the product at a discount price.
I have my primary business opportunity that I am actively promoting via PPC. This has a high ticket item and is a product that is making a huge difference in the health of me and my husband. I joined this company to not only get the product but to do the business.
In most MLM companies, the majority of the people who join are there just for the product. Avon, Mary Kay and Amway are good examples of that.
If we are interested in the business opportunity side of the MLM then we need to search out others who are also interested in doing the business. If you talk to many of the top earners in these companies, they will tell you that their big incomes are a result of having just a handful of really great recruiters in their downline. Yes, customers are important but signing up a few super leaders is more important.
Jan Shimano
Company: ASEA, LLC
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Scott Love on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:38 am

I think it depends upon who is being talked to. If you are talking to other networkers or business people, probably the money. If you are talking to someone you have cold called, it would likely be the company/products since they have no experience or trust in you.

As with most things in life, I think it depends greatly on who approaches the person and how.

I think it is fair to say though that most people who join do not plan to lose money. Unfortunately, it does happen. The reasons for failure could fill a book but at the end of the day it does not matter because it reflects poorly on the industry and us.

scott...
Scott Love
LivingWithASmile.com
Your Total Wellness Source
Scott Love
Company: Melaleuca, Inc. The Wellness Company

Postby BERNIE FLORESCA on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:56 am

Interesting, Darren. When I read your question, I almost think it's rhetorical. Is it like,
"Are corporations in business to make money?"

But then again, I see the various responses with different perspectives. I can't think
of anyone joining to save the world. I can see, however, people joining for the product
to get it at a discount.

I'm personally in for the money. Otherwise, I would have stuck to the secure salary of
a 9 to 5.

Abundance & Peace!
http://bit.ly/ckH6PO

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience.
BERNIE FLORESCA

Postby Ogundele Olawumi on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:19 am

People join mostly to make money and probably to have time for other things. In fact if you are in a business and not making returns you will most likely be discouraged. Why are you into MLM if not for money and time it creates for other things of life?
Ogundele Olawumi
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Darren Prichard on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi Dean good to hear from a fellow New Zealander...hope it is sunny in Nelson coz its raining a lot here in Wanganui!

TRUE most people fail due to the various and obvious reasons, but I guess it depends on the type of product/service being offered. If the product/service is unique or just a good deal all around then I think that there would be a higher percentage of people joining a company as a customer or wholesale buyer.

The thing is there are a LOT more 'money making' sites than product/service websites out there so I figure that there are more people joining an MLM/Network Marketing company for the money potential. We need more personal promotion like here at BetterNetworker, then all our friends or family might come to us LOL.

freemoney wrote:Gudday Darren,

Nice see another Kiwi here.

I don't actually think that is correct. I think most of those who join an MLM company to make money fail.
But from my experience many of the people who join are either only after the product discounts, or they join because they think it will get family or friends off their back ;)
THE Primary Program for all Networkers?

http://www.Empower100Percent.com

SKYPE ME: darrensbiz.com
Darren Prichard

Postby Chris Hurney on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:27 pm

I havent had a job for 7 years since the hustle and the bustle of the trading floors. I love the freedom working from home gives me. The road trips I have taken in the past 7 years. And now with my new 3 month old son staying home with him. Those are the reasons. I am setting things up where soon I will start my own company and that is the way to truly make multi millions. I have learned a lot in my 7 years. There are many reasons why people are involved in this industry. It is great being able to leverage others peoples time and money to create income for ourselves. It is the American way!

Chris
http://www.qualifymyleads.com
Heavy Hitters and Top Producers Rejoice! NO MORE PROSPECTING
My Phone Room is a Full Service Call Center. Calls and Qualifies ALL your leads. Leverage and Duplication Will Exist! $30k+ Month Oppty with Affiliate Program
Chris Hurney
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Paul Murphy on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:35 pm

I'd say about 1 out of 4 join a company to make money, have a primary business and use the product line of 2 or 3 other network marketing companies. It's just a hunch, from the patterns I've seen over the years. Of those who intend to make money, few stick, always chasing a skinny carrot on a long stick.
Paul Murphy
Contribution Level: 7

Postby Melvin Goodrum on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:43 am

Darren_NZ wrote:Would I be right in saying that most people join an MLM/Network Marketing/Direct Selling
company to make money? Better Networkers what do you think?

Darren Prichard

Of course you're right and it should be the main reason you join a network marketing company. Its a business after all.
Getting Rowdy Since 1993 In Network Marketing

Visit my website...or DON'T at http://www.melvingoodrum.com
Melvin Goodrum
Company: AdvoCare International, L.P.
Contribution Level: 4

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion