Forums

Becoming A Professional

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Becoming A Professional

Postby James Jordan on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:46 pm

If you truly want to succeed in this industry you have to become a professional in network marketing. Point Blank Period. There's a reason the industry has a 95% failure rate and its because this industry is pursued by people who are used to a job mentality and they treat there business like a job instead of what it really is. You see when you join a networking marketing company its not a job and you shouldn't treat it like one. This is the way you have to look at it your business is your fortune 500 company that is being built.

That's how professionals look at there business. It's takes on average about 2 years before you really start to become a professional and really understand how this game works. That's all this is, its a game. We're all in the game to win right? You have to dedicate yourself to becoming a student of this game. You have to educate yourself so that you have true value in someones eyes when they are looking to join your business otherwise they will join someone else.

I wanted to make this short post because I see tons of people online as well as offline who truly don't get that you must become a professional in this game we call network marketing. You become that by becoming a student by learning from those who have had success already. Here's another little tip look at what 95% of the industry is doing and do the complete opposite and watch your business grow.

If your serious and this is the industry you are truly looking to succeed in then become a professional and really dedicate yourself to your craft. Don't try to take any short cuts and learn as much as you can as fast as you can and actually use what you learn. It's not about your knowledge its about how much of it you actually apply towards your business.

To Your Success,

James Jordan Jr

Need More Leads?
http://www.ATTRACTYOURWEALTH.com
Last edited by JamesJordan on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Jordan
Contribution Level: 2

Re: Becoming A Professional

Postby Irma White on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:45 pm

You are right, James. In this industry, you have to become a professional. And you become a professional by becoming a student of the industry. You must learn the difference between a legitimate company and one that poses as such. You must learn what behavior a company drives. You must learn how to do the math to even know if you will ever make professional money. You must learn what clauses in the contract can be enforced to steal your money when/if you build your business.

Once you learn those things, then you must learn skills to market yourself. As you mentioned, once you educate yourself you can give true value to others who are looking to join a business.
Be empowered to prosper!

Irma L. White

Empowering MLM Tips, Tools & Resources
Irma White

Postby Randy Curry on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:47 pm

I couldn't agree more James! Your post goes hand in hand with the philosophy of, "A Master Is Forever a Student Who Shares His or Her Experience, Strength and Hope With Those Who Wish To Learn."

Come visit my website some time. Perhaps we could be of help and service to one another. And, keep up the good work!

Your Friend In Networking,
Randy Curry
Author of MLMTrainingBeacon.com
http://www.MLMTrainingBeacon.com
Group Administrator at BetterNetworker of...
"The Professional Alpha Team Leaders Group"
Randy Curry

Postby Shirley Muhammad on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:18 am

I was just thinking about this exact topic the other day James. This business is way more than just regurgitating a canned message and/or passing some flyers. In fact, it has nothing to do with that at all. I am huge personal development fan and I understand that my business grows according to how much I am willing to grow personally and professionally. I see so many people come into our beloved industry with a "get rich quick" mindset. If they don't see the millions pouring in within a week, they quit. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people pitching their business opportunity this way and so a lot of newbies think this is the way it is. Thanks for your thoughtful post and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Yours in Success & Prosperity
Shirley Muhammad
www.ShirleyMuhammad.com
Prosperity Network Marketing - Let Your Light Shine
http://www.ShirleyMuhammad.com
Shirley Muhammad
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Jeff Gardner on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:42 pm

This is such an important point for network marketers to get.

Sponsors in any MLM company are a dime a dozen. In any company, I can immediately find someone on the Internet who is willing to sign me up and let me sit in their downline.

But real professionals... leaders... are rare.

And people are automatically attracted to leaders. Plus, they're less likely to leave a leader for another opportunity, because it's tough to find dedicated, professional leaders.

If you'll become a student of network marketing (and marketing in general) - and really work to share your expertise with your distributors - you'll build a growing, strong, profitable, and long-term network marketing business.

Great point!

Best,
Jeff Gardner
100% COMMISSIONS of $25, $100, even $500 Paid Instantly to Your Bank Account. FREE VIDEO Reveals How We Paid Out $132,583.20 IN LESS THAN 48 HOURS. Click Here to Watch the 100% Commission Secret
Jeff Gardner
Company: Wealthworld

Postby on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Hey James you're absolutely correct, the majority of people coming into this industry have no idea what it takes to run a business. I can't tell you the number of people I talk to on a regular basis with a job mind set who that think the internet is some kind of ATM cash machine that you can pull money out of when ever you're ready.

It just doesn't happen that way, building a business online is no different that building one offline. I see you mentioned it could take 2 years, in many cases it could take longer than that depending upon how dedicated one is to educating themselves on the many different skill sets involved with this industry.

One thing is for sure if you don't take your time and establish a foundation and empower yourself with as much education as possible you will become part of that 95% who ultimately end up failing in this industry. The first thing I always tell people is to work on changing your mind set, if you don't develop an entrepreneurial mind set you'll never become a successful business owner on or offline.
Persistence and Determination is a must,training plus action equals success !And above all else don't ever quit.

http://www.thecarboncopyprotimes.com/

http://www.networkmarketingindustries.com/

http://www.marketingmerge.com/

Postby Michael Ledford on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:07 pm

James,

I couldn't agree more! Just imagine if 95% of the people treated their Network Marketing Business as if they had just invested $500,000 instead of $500.

God Bless,

Michael Ledford
www.RASERHealthStrips.com
www.TheNextBigOpportunity.com
Michael Ledford
Contribution Level: 1

Return to Main MLM Discussion