Forums

Do Handing Out Samples Work?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Do Handing Out Samples Work?

Postby on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:58 am

This is a subject that I have been working on for quite some time.
I have sold bottles of my products over the years and I have learned at a lost to continue to sell that way.
I have given away my products also at a lost and I have learned not to offer my products that way also.
Now, my products come in sample sizes for easy carrying. I have given out samples over the holidays at events, social gatherings, family gatherings and coworkers. And I have done the follow-up routine to see if they like or could use the products. To date, not one sale from this method.
What are your take on this subject?
What are your experiences on handing out samples?

Re: Do Handing Out Samples Work?

Postby on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 am

I used to be in an opportunity that mailed out samples to people who opted in on a particular capture page.
No sales.
I was going to hypothesize a reason why it doesn't work, but I can't seem to come up with anything definitive.
ProfitMAX+ Go Here and You'll Make at Least a Billion Dollars Instantly http://profitmaxplus.com

Postby on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:44 am

mlsanders wrote:This is a subject that I have been working on for quite some time.
I have sold bottles of my products over the years and I have learned at a lost to continue to sell that way.
I have given away my products also at a lost and I have learned not to offer my products that way also.
Now, my products come in sample sizes for easy carrying. I have given out samples over the holidays at events, social gatherings, family gatherings and coworkers. And I have done the follow-up routine to see if they like or could use the products. To date, not one sale from this method.
What are your take on this subject?
What are your experiences on handing out samples?

Sample work but you need to give them out to new people. If you're giving them out to people who are already familar to your business then you're going to get marginal results.

The best thing to do to take full advantage of samples is to either run a newspaper ad offering free samples and explaining the benefits or if you have the spare time, visit a flea market, buy a table and set up shop there. I built my business primarily from flea market stands so I know it works
Getting Rowdy Since 1993 In Network Marketing

Visit my website...or DON'T at http://www.melvingoodrum.com

Postby on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:01 am

The only time I've made actual sales from samples was at events like a health expo
or private "parties." We used to do Life Force Soirees where we served hors d'oeuvres and sampled the core products. At booths we always sold product on the spot after someone sampled it.
We also ran raffles at the table, which generated leads.

What I found works better is the "free trial" offer on Body Balance.
$9.95 flat rate shipping with an automatic autoship.
Which of course can be cancelled easily if needs be.
It's very similar to a CPA offer in its delivery and effectiveness.

The shipping fee alone makes their commitment more serious.
I've found people that take the free bottle usually last at least 6 months or more.
If they weren't really serious about their health to begin with they typically don't last
past the first autoship or two.

~RB
Richard Bravo: the Art of an Entrepreneur • Let's Connect On Facebook!

Postby on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 am

Hey Mario - Great topic you having going here. I've found sampling works best when I've gotten someone to say to me Oh really, how does that work? So first I had to learn the skills of striking someone's interest. Here is an example of what I say to people when they ask me what I do for a living: "I show people how to lose weight while they’re eating cookies. Plus, they get paid to eat!" Then I ask them what do they like best about what they do. Those interested in eating cookies to lose weight will always ask me about the cookie. Then I have a quick little 1 minute success story and ask them what else they'd like to know. My ROI (return on investment) is much higher now because I'm only working with the volunteers so to speak. So yes, samples work, if you know what to say before you give away your sample.

I learned the striking interest skill from Tom "Big Al" over at Fortune Now dot com.
Most leaders know their team needs training and support. Simple easy to learn tools. Some leaders have found these free online tips helpful. Go to the FacebookPage for simple social media tips and tricks. http://www.Training.TheFlyingNetworker.com

Postby on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks, Richard.
I have set up my web page and sent several people to this site. A free sample is available from the company plus the shipping and handling costs.
It's hard to even get people to visit the site to find the information that they are looking for.
For instance, I told a co-worker about my products and gave him a bottle (since he was addressing a health issue). He returned the bottle unopened.
Now a year later, he asking again about the products. Then he remarks that his sister has a program and has sent him a two weeks supply of another product.
I was taught that if a person has all the facts they can make a sound decision one way or another about their health concerns.
Giving out samples has become costly and there are still people who always want more samples.
Maybe it will be better if I allow people to join before giving out any more samples.

Postby on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks, Debi.
I show people how the product works for me. They can readily see that something works. I give them the facts and let them decide for themselves when they are ready to change their lives to be healthier.
I show them the other side of people who did not listen to me. Those are the ones who are off from work, sick and now on a strict doctor's program. One person got off the program, and now he expresses pain when working. The new samples he got does wear off over time. I referred him to the service center to order.
I work with a large number of tire kickers and nay-sayers and just non-believers.
Just by going online, a customer can order samples and can return them if not satisfied.
No one has used to option.
Yes, Debi, I am trying everything until something sinks in to help people to get and stay healthy! :idea:
I will use your suggestion as well.

Postby on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:22 pm

The answer to your question depends largely on how you offer the samples.

if you merely give samples away with your business card, you're gonna have a hard time making sales :!:

:arrow: if you give samples in exchange for contact info, and follow up frequently, then you've got a great chance of success.

the secret is: don't give samples for free - always swop samples for contact info and keep following up.

it all comes back to direct marketing, which is essentially what network marketing is all about.
My vexed musings on faith, life, and busines: www.MariusLombaard.net

Postby on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:45 pm

on this case, you did wrong things for the right reasons - results
is 0.

Why they need that samples works?
Find the target people for that free samples - simple talk with people about that products and
than make sense or not about them needs and wants. If you see they need that and they want that, share the samples with them and you will make money.

Rather than like this "hello take the samples, please"
he will says "thank you I take it", but it does not mean anything.

You need talk with them firstly.

Tadas
#1 Join TCN for 100% FREE. Takes 2 Minutes.
#2 Help Get The Word Out To Everyone You Know.

http://mujarte.textcashnetwork.com

Postby on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Ok, Melvin, here's my take on setting up in a flea market.
That is a good idea to do to set up a table in a flea market. Now you are a small business with a business license and address. That is a whole other level of marketing. I worked the flea market and helped business owners to stay in business with programs from HUD.
Being in a setting such as a flea market, you would have to have a place to store your stock. Empty bottles can only be displayed in the store. You will always want to have fresh products to sell to the public. Marketing a whole food product will only lasts so many days before it loses its potency.
I have some business cards placed in some of my friends' flea market shops. So I have all bases covered.
And the only way they can sell the products is that they are members and they would profit off the product.
Samples are only given when an interested person asks for some with an order. :idea:

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion