Does THIS type of mlm exist?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Does THIS type of mlm exist?

Postby Diane Hughes on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Please do not take this post the wrong way. It is not my intention to offend anyone but

is there a MLM that is NOT family oriented? I know that sounds badly, but some organizations take the concept of "family" a bit too far. A single older(over 40) person who has no children/grandchildren can feel out of place in some companies.

For example, at some meetings and events people bring children . One woman was getting ready to breast feed her baby at a dinner table during a training session until I looked her way. ( yes, I'll probably hear how this is natural but during a business meeting?) At others , especially in wellness companies, women speakers opening discuss topics such as breast feeding, pregnancy problems and menstrual periods.

Oh, yea, often their WHYS are shown as photos of babies, children and grandchildren. Sorry, but some people cannot relate to this.

So , anyone know of a non family oriented mlm where a single older active person will feel welcomed? I would join!

Diane Hughes
Contribution Level: 1

Re: Does THIS type of mlm exist?

Postby Mario Sanders on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:16 pm

It does seems that your target market that you are attending are very young, family oriented groups. May I suggest that you should find an older group around your age or so that is looking for something to build a business on.
You can't necessarily call where you are attending a business meeting when young family members are in attendance. That is a social gathering where everyone is invited to come to hear a presentation. No one would think of nursing or attending to children unless they are among family and friends.
It also sounds like the presenter is addressing all homemakers to join in a home business seminar.
Try starting your own business and you can invite all who you want to attend. You can state that this is a business opportunity where both parents attendance is needed ( no children allowed for space).
We were invited to a private dinner and it stated right on the invitation no children allowed due to space but the two adults have to attend.
My opportunity invites all interested parties. All training is now online to get started. The presentation is set right in their private home and viewed at their leisure.
Mario Sanders
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 7

Re: Does THIS type of mlm exist?

Postby Barb Doyle on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi Diane,

What you are explaining I have never seen at a "business meeting".
I am in a similar situation to yours in that I am 49 and have no
children. There are other alternatives. If you would like more information
feel free to contact me. Have a great day!

Peace, Health and Prosperity,
Barb Doyle, Sc.
Barb Doyle
Company: Young Living Essential Oils
Contribution Level: 2

Return to Main MLM Discussion