Forums

What do you lead with? Your product or your opportunity?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

What do you lead with? Your product or your opportunity?

Postby Matthew Jamieson on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to throw out the question. What do you lead with? Your product or your opportunity?

I am curious to see what other people are doing to market and build their businesses. As for myself, I lead with the concept of a Challenge. Challenging people to better themselves both financially and health wise.

How about you?

Cheers
Last edited by topmlmpro on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Most Kick Ass Internet Marketing system that I've ever seen in my 17 years online marketing! Get your FREE 7 DAY Trial today!!! http://tcpros.co/NgyXA
Matthew Jamieson
Contribution Level: 4

Re: What do you lead with? Your product or your opportunity?

Postby Angela Love on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:54 pm

good question :)

I lead with my product, as it is in such high demand, and find that once people have tried it and had success, many customers want to market it also.
Make Money in the $50 BILLION Dollar Pet Industry - High Demand, Unique Product with Zero Competition!
Angela Love
Company: Pet Protector
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Tal Fighel on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:33 am

I will always lead with the opportunity because I market to people who are looking to earn money online.

If you are building your business online, you should do the same.

I always send people to an opt in squeeze page where they can opt in if they want so that I can follow up with them at anytime. I can talk a little about what they will get in the business opportunity but overall it is about making money online.
Are You Struggling To Make Any Money Online?
*** Click Here To View My Work At Home Top Recommendation! ***
Tal Fighel
Contribution Level: 2

Postby willie robertson on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:44 am

I mainly lead with the business opportunity...
From my experience most people I encounter are interested in making extra money...though on occassion, depending on the product, some want the product.

When I first started in MLM I was attracted by the opprotunity to generate extra income, I did not need or want another freaking bill (autoship) that I had to pay monthly for product...

Nope it, for me comes down to the OPPORTUNITY and if it will offer me the greatest chance at creating income, especially in this day and time...

Now granted, I joined an MLM back in 2005 called Pre-Paid Legal...

At first I hated it because it just did not make sense to me that anyone would pre pay for legal services...

But after watching a DVD someone sent me about the "BENEFITS" of having a Pre Paid Legal membership, I enrolled...

I also marketed PPL, from both the opportunity and product stand point, had to stop though after a year it required way to much time, which I did not have much of, to market...

That was in 2005/06 and although I do not market PPL, I still have the product/membership.
Why do some people struggle for years, while others get results and the life they signed up for… in months? Success Starts Here
willie robertson

Postby Mario Sanders on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:55 pm

I have never thought about it before this topic came up. I usually lead with myself.
People get to know you, not your product. Your face is in front of people you are being introduced to.
One customer told me that she would rather stick with me because she knows me and what I stand for.
Once you are known in your market, you may introduce your product. If anyone asks more, introduce the opportunity. They will follow you once they become familiar with you and trust you in what you believe in.
Building that trust first is most important in keeping your customers and providing what they are looking for.
Mario Sanders
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 7

Postby Stephen Meyer on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:57 pm

I lead with the product. I am different than some in that the people who I meet today I may never meet again or see again. Right now I'm in Merced, CA, tonight I will be in Sacramento, tomorrow morning another city in California and tomorrow night on the way some where distant. You could say I'm a mobile kind of person. :D

I lead with the product and open the door to asking 4 simple questions. Those 4 questions quickly lead the conversation to the business opportunity. I have also learned, thanks to "Big Al", how to give a 1 minute presentation. It has worked wonderfully. It's a very simple formula that answers the questions your prospects want to know, what do you sell (the product), how much money can they make, and what do they have to do to make it.

I also follow Ray Higdon's original plan that built his business. I try very hard to get 20 No's a day. Starting with the product.
This biggest problem Networkers have is getting new leads. This system takes care of that. 3-5 New Leads Daily. Click Here Fresh Leads Daily
Stephen Meyer
Company: ForeverGreen IP LLC
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Matthew Jamieson on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks everyone! Great responses and individual ideas on building your businesses.
Looking forward to hearing from some of the other amazing networkers here in the site.
I know that a lot of newbies to this industry ask me this very question.

Cheers
The Most Kick Ass Internet Marketing system that I've ever seen in my 17 years online marketing! Get your FREE 7 DAY Trial today!!! http://tcpros.co/NgyXA
Matthew Jamieson

Postby Josh Vega on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Depends on the person, if it's a good friend I lead with the opportunity because they trust me, if its a random I lead with the product (sample). I do not pitch to them I bring it up in casual conversation if they ask "what do you do for a living" or "whats new in your life" I mention my company and simply hand them a sample nothing more.

Josh Vega@
ReviewVelocity.com
Josh Vega
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Dave Hayes on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:57 am

Now this is an Interesting Question Josh, Thanks for posting it & there are some Great Responses here.I tend to lead with My Product/s, simply because, I focus on How To Products as the solution to Peoples Problems with their Business and then Offer Personal 1~2~1 Coaching. This seems to work very well.

Applied Education is the Difference
Learn how to earn $1,250, $3,300 &... $5,500 per sale with no recruiting, referring, or sponsoring needed
http://track.mobetrack.com/aff_c?offer_id=10&url_id=274&aff_id=2001366
Dave Hayes
Company: Global Virtual Opportunities
Contribution Level: 10

Postby Linda Anderson on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:04 am

I lead with the "want" of the person I am talking to.
How will the Product/Service give them what the "want". (health, time freedom, money)

Do they want better health?
Do they want to spend more time with their family?
Do they want financial security?
Do they want to travel?

You are offering the Vehicle to get them what they want. Along with a team of like minded individuals.
Linda Anderson
Contribution Level: 2

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion