Forums

Survey says: Wordpress or Blog Spot and why?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Survey says: Wordpress or Blog Spot and why?

Postby Chris Tryon on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:47 am

It's been a while since I posted, so I thought I would start a discussion.

Most of us know how important it is to have a self-hosted blog, but for those people who are starting out, there are a couple of excellent free blogging sites: Wordpress and blogger.

We also know how important it is to comment on blogs to create back links to our own blogs, so with those questions in mind, which one have you used to generate traffic to your blog?

What are the advantages and disadvantages to both?

Please share your personal experiences with blogger or wordpress. Thank you!
Chris Tryon
Contribution Level: 4

Re: Survey says: Wordpress or Blog Spot and why?

Postby willie robertson on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Wow Chris, it has been a very long time since you posted, how ya been?

Welcome back...

I've always heard it is best to go with the self hosted type blogging platform, such as wordpress (dot) org, mostly, I heard, was that being self hosted means all the content you create is your very own... Plus the self hosted allows for more creativity, personalization the use of plugins and advertising...

You can also use a personal custom domain with the wordpress dot org or self hosted blogs.

My very first blog was on Blog Spot/Blogger then i went to wordpress dot com and finally to WP self hosted.

There are so many video trainings on wp self hosted that it shouldn't be hard for a newbie to learn. Now it is one click install from a cpanel.
Why do some people struggle for years, while others get results and the life they signed up for… in months? Success Starts Here
willie robertson

Postby Casey Catron on Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks for starting this thread. I was wondering about this and the blogging platform and see if it was worth purchasing the $25 blog from empower network since I heard it was easy and already set up. I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say and branding for my company and myself in the future.
To your success,
Casey Catron

Automate Any Business from Traffic to Sale
Casey Catron
Company: Vemma Nutrition Company
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Jason Orban on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Definitely a self hosted Wordpress blog is better there is really not even a comparison I did write a blog post on why I say that a few year back actually but the points are still very much valid if your interested in reading up on it here is the link: http://jaysonlinereviews.com/blogger-wordpress-bloggers-blogging-online/
Last edited by earnathometips on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 Free Ebooks Very High Quality In Tons Of Different Niche's All Related To Internet Marketing @ Making Money Online. Sign Up For Free Here http://jaysonlinereviews.com/freetrainingcoursegift
Jason Orban
Company: People Helping People
Contribution Level: 7

Postby Jason Orban on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:46 pm

C_Catron wrote:Thanks for starting this thread. I was wondering about this and the blogging platform and see if it was worth purchasing the $25 blog from empower network since I heard it was easy and already set up. I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say and branding for my company and myself in the future.

The only advantage of empower network is the ranking of your posts true you will rank a lot better than if you were starting your own blog from scratch but you can also rank even better creating Youtube video's, Pinterest boards, posting in high ranking forums ( Warriorforum ) etc... They are free.

Why create a blog on someone else's property you are just renting not buying and they control you basically.

Make sense? :)
21 Free Ebooks Very High Quality In Tons Of Different Niche's All Related To Internet Marketing @ Making Money Online. Sign Up For Free Here http://jaysonlinereviews.com/freetrainingcoursegift
Jason Orban

Postby Chris Tryon on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks for the comments. I have had a blogspot blog for several years. It gets a little bit of traffic, but not enough for what I am planning on doing in the near future.

Jason-thanks for the information on blogger shutting down sites that get too much traffic.

I recently started commenting on blogs that I have an interest in following only to find out that I couldn't create backlinks from my blogger site. Fortunately I had a wordpress blog that I had not used for a couple of years. Most of the sites that I visited had a wordpress plug-in so I was able to post comments.

It looks like you have answered my question and confirmed to me what I need to do next. Thank you!
Find out what the F.U.S.S. system is all about!
Take your free tour at: http://super6power.com/jerkysnack
Chris Tryon

Postby Jason Orban on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:08 pm

christryon wrote:Thanks for the comments. I have had a blogspot blog for several years. It gets a little bit of traffic, but not enough for what I am planning on doing in the near future.

Jason-thanks for the information on blogger shutting down sites that get too much traffic.

I recently started commenting on blogs that I have an interest in following only to find out that I couldn't create backlinks from my blogger site. Fortunately I had a wordpress blog that I had not used for a couple of years. Most of the sites that I visited had a wordpress plug-in so I was able to post comments.

It looks like you have answered my question and confirmed to me what I need to do next. Thank you!

Your very welcome glad I could help:)
Jason Orban

Postby Chris Tryon on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Willie, thank you for your warm welcome back. I appreciate your comments: My very first blog was on Blog Spot/Blogger then i went to wordpress dot com and finally to WP self hosted.

There are so many video trainings on wp self hosted that it shouldn't be hard for a newbie to learn. Now it is one click install from a cpanel.

They were ......spot on on what I was looking for!
Find out what the F.U.S.S. system is all about!
Take your free tour at: http://super6power.com/jerkysnack
Chris Tryon

Postby Trinise Kennedy on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 pm

What I really like about Wordpress is the plugins. There are so many ways to use them, to not only customize your site and set yours apart from others, but you can also add in powerful tools for lead generation, on page SEO and optimization of your entire site. Plus Wordpress is the industry standard for serious bloggers. You know that if million-dollar companies are using that platform, it's got to be good!

Trinise L. Kennedy, "Law of Attraction Goddess," shows you how to gain prosperity consciousness so you can attract more money with ease in your business and personal life. Learn simple and practical strategies to end your money struggles forever. Download the FREE guide, "10 Law of Attraction Tips for Getting Anything You Want" at: LINK / CONTENT REMOVED by Carl the Cop

For more information on rules and guidelines:
http://www.betternetworker.com/page/bet ... guidelines

christryon wrote:It's been a while since I posted, so I thought I would start a discussion.

Most of us know how important it is to have a self-hosted blog, but for those people who are starting out, there are a couple of excellent free blogging sites: Wordpress and blogger.

We also know how important it is to comment on blogs to create back links to our own blogs, so with those questions in mind, which one have you used to generate traffic to your blog?

What are the advantages and disadvantages to both?

Please share your personal experiences with blogger or wordpress. Thank you!
Trinise Kennedy
Company: MyLeadSystemPRO
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Rihards Emulins on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:45 am

Self hosted blog is very important!

I have created my on Wordpress and I am very happy about it! Everything is easy to manage and if you have some problems, there is always youtube full of explanations :)

Well... getting decent google ranking takes time, however you have complete control over your website. You can post videos on youtube, blog, post on forums, etc.

I suggest you to make good blog on Wordpress. If you can't do it yourself, contact web designer and ask for the simplest web solution. It will not be expensive. But it will be worth it!

Rihards
If you want to live healthier and experience a lifestyle of wealth and freedom, visit - http://withhealthtowealth.com/ Really inspiring stuff there...
Rihards Emulins
Company: Kyani
Contribution Level: 2

Return to Main MLM Discussion