Forums

VEMMA -vs- FTC => DEFENSE FUND

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

VEMMA -vs- FTC => DEFENSE FUND

Postby Peter Arnold on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:25 pm

Hello Partners:

Below, I want to share with you, a new development in our (Network Marketing) industry that I see as a victory for us - but first, a couple of my 'own' thoughts ...

UNCOMMON - Although there are many 'critics' of our Network Marketing industry, as a Financial Advisor, Business Consultant (and part time Network Marketer) I personally see the "BUSINESS MODEL of Network Marketing as "unequalled" anywhere - I see it as one of the most brilliant business ideas ever invented by the human mind - nothing even compares.

There are NO industries / businesses / professions / trades on this planet (to my knowledge) that have what WE have - the "combination" of (3) powerful forces, working in synergy with each other, as a GIFT to succeed as entrepreneurs, i.e. -- LEVERAGE + COMPOUNDING + RESIDUAL INCOME -- all "wrapped up together" - in one potent package -- simply giving us a "better pathway" than any other, to develop an early cash flow / a strong net worth / a real wealth legacy. Add to this, the opportunity for - friendships - personal development - tax benefits - travel - enhanced health - on & on.

((( Unfortunately, our government regulators [the FTC / FDA / Industry Canada, etc] do not appreciate or "understand" our model - never have. But more about this below ))).

PRICE & REWARD -Yes, it does take a strong work ethic, a good attitude, persistence, and a commitment to the right business, financial, marketing and ethical principles, to become successful, for sure - but with the right company / unique products / timing / experienced, visionary & ethical corporate leadership -- the "sky" is the limit.

ANMP - Having had the priviledge of serving on the Board Of Directors of our industry's professional association for 4 years, representing Canada (( ANMP [dot] com - Association of Network Marketing Professionals )) - I witnessed the many "differences" between MLM companies / CEOs / upline leaders / corporate Policies & Procedures, etc - and I can say, without any reservation - that experience proved to me that there IS a "good - bad & ugly" scenario out there.

--------------------------

VEMMA - In my 'own' opinion, by and large, Vemma has been one of the "good" guys in our industry -- not "perfect" (what company is?) - but one that won all kinds of awards, and was experiencing rapid growth and success -- until it was viciously attacked by the FTC a few months ago (most of us are already familiar with that ugly story) - and now, because of the terrible restrictions placed on Vemma by the courts - and because of having a "parole officer" (the FTC) to be accountable to, and constantly looking over its shoulders - Vemma is now "struggling" to survive (and it may not - which would be a tragedy, and a blow to our great industry). Sadly, the DSA (Direct Sellers Association) - of which Vemma was a long term, paying member - the DSA remained totally "silent" - they gave Vemma NO support whatsoever.

WAKEUP CALL - Many Network Marketing industry watchers ((rightly or wrongly)) believe the whole VEMMA-FTC fiasco should serve as a "wakeup call" -- that ALL companies will now need to place "far" more attention (and training) to marketing their PRODUCTS - to making RETAIL SALES -- and "not" on mainly teaching how to RECRUIT - RECRUIT - RECRUIT -- and also, to abandoning monthly product FORCED AUTOSHIPS -- and to adjusting COMPENSATION PLANS to better reward CUSTOMER ACQUISITION. Some companies & upline leaders will simply ignore these warnings - others will respond by making adjustments.

Many see the Vemma-FTC case as brutal "police state tactics" - others say Vemma deseved exactly what they got (I do not happen to share that opinion).

In any event - - -

DEFENSE FUND - One strong industry leader (and CEO of a Network Marketing company himself) - Richard Brooke - thankfully, offers his hand of SUPPORT. He has started the "Vemma Defense Fund" to serve as a catalyst for ALL Network Marketing companies to "band together" in creating a future WAR CHEST for such FTC / FDA attacks & lawsuits.

I see this as a critical (wonderful) initiative to not only help rescue VEMMA -- but to support the longevity of our great INDUSTRY.

For those who haven't seen it, here are the details:

-- http://VemmaDefenseFund.com/
Sincerely / Peter A.

Peter Arnold, CLU, CFC / Canada
Peter Arnold
Contribution Level: 3

Re: VEMMA -vs- FTC => DEFENSE FUND

Postby Dave Hayes on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:58 am

academy33 wrote:Hello Partners:

Below, I want to share with you, a new development in our (Network Marketing) industry that I see as a victory for us - but first, a couple of my 'own' thoughts ...

UNCOMMON - Although there are many 'critics' of our Network Marketing industry, as a Financial Advisor, Business Consultant (and part time Network Marketer) I personally see the "BUSINESS MODEL of Network Marketing as "unequalled" anywhere - I see it as one of the most brilliant business ideas ever invented by the human mind - nothing even compares.

There are NO industries / businesses / professions / trades on this planet (to my knowledge) that have what WE have - the "combination" of (3) powerful forces, working in synergy with each other, as a GIFT to succeed as entrepreneurs, i.e. -- LEVERAGE + COMPOUNDING + RESIDUAL INCOME -- all "wrapped up together" - in one potent package -- simply giving us a "better pathway" than any other, to develop an early cash flow / a strong net worth / a real wealth legacy. Add to this, the opportunity for - friendships - personal development - tax benefits - travel - enhanced health - on & on.

((( Unfortunately, our government regulators [the FTC / FDA / Industry Canada, etc] do not appreciate or "understand" our model - never have. But more about this below ))).

PRICE & REWARD -Yes, it does take a strong work ethic, a good attitude, persistence, and a commitment to the right business, financial, marketing and ethical principles, to become successful, for sure - but with the right company / unique products / timing / experienced, visionary & ethical corporate leadership -- the "sky" is the limit.

ANMP - Having had the priviledge of serving on the Board Of Directors of our industry's professional association for 4 years, representing Canada (( ANMP [dot] com - Association of Network Marketing Professionals )) - I witnessed the many "differences" between MLM companies / CEOs / upline leaders / corporate Policies & Procedures, etc - and I can say, without any reservation - that experience proved to me that there IS a "good - bad & ugly" scenario out there.

--------------------------

VEMMA - In my 'own' opinion, by and large, Vemma has been one of the "good" guys in our industry -- not "perfect" (what company is?) - but one that won all kinds of awards, and was experiencing rapid growth and success -- until it was viciously attacked by the FTC a few months ago (most of us are already familiar with that ugly story) - and now, because of the terrible restrictions placed on Vemma by the courts - and because of having a "parole officer" (the FTC) to be accountable to, and constantly looking over its shoulders - Vemma is now "struggling" to survive (and it may not - which would be a tragedy, and a blow to our great industry). Sadly, the DSA (Direct Sellers Association) - of which Vemma was a long term, paying member - the DSA remained totally "silent" - they gave Vemma NO support whatsoever.

WAKEUP CALL - Many Network Marketing industry watchers ((rightly or wrongly)) believe the whole VEMMA-FTC fiasco should serve as a "wakeup call" -- that ALL companies will now need to place "far" more attention (and training) to marketing their PRODUCTS - to making RETAIL SALES -- and "not" on mainly teaching how to RECRUIT - RECRUIT - RECRUIT -- and also, to abandoning monthly product FORCED AUTOSHIPS -- and to adjusting COMPENSATION PLANS to better reward CUSTOMER ACQUISITION. Some companies & upline leaders will simply ignore these warnings - others will respond by making adjustments.

Many see the Vemma-FTC case as brutal "police state tactics" - others say Vemma deseved exactly what they got (I do not happen to share that opinion).

In any event - - -

DEFENSE FUND - One strong industry leader (and CEO of a Network Marketing company himself) - Richard Brooke - thankfully, offers his hand of SUPPORT. He has started the "Vemma Defense Fund" to serve as a catalyst for ALL Network Marketing companies to "band together" in creating a future WAR CHEST for such FTC / FDA attacks & lawsuits.

I see this as a critical (wonderful) initiative to not only help rescue VEMMA -- but to support the longevity of our great INDUSTRY.

For those who haven't seen it, here are the details:

-- http://VemmaDefenseFund.com/
Sincerely / Peter A.

Peter Arnold, CLU, CFC / Canada

Peter,

What a great article you have written their, very informative and obviously very passionate, welll done.

Applied education is the difference
See how others are making money on facebook 'Like' & share,
have fun, make money Find out more http://tcpros.co/gdyTL
Dave Hayes
Company: Global Virtual Opportunities
Contribution Level: 10

Re: VEMMA -vs- FTC => DEFENSE FUND

Postby Gomer Magtibay on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:41 am

That's a good idea! Good news for all of us.

I first learned about Richard Brooke in Richard Poe's Wave book series. Good CEO of Oxyfresh, and a crusader for good of the network marketing industry.

Thanks for sharing this information. A source of encouragement for anyone having a heart for this industry.
Gomer Magtibay
Contribution Level: 3

Return to Main MLM Discussion