Forums

»What Would It Look Like If It Were Simple & Easy?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

»What Would It Look Like If It Were Simple & Easy?

Postby Richard Bravo on Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:19 pm

~*~
The industry is changing.
Direct sales, network marketing, mlm, the entire industry must evolve.

In a perfect world, deep down inside, we all wish doing business in our industry could be "simpler & easier."

So...
What Would It Look Like If It Was Simpler & Easier?

• What's missing from the common tools and systems?
• How could recruiting be simpler & easier?
• How could generating leads be simpler & easier?
• How could building a strong customer base be simpler & easier?
• How could we make training & duplication simpler & easier for our teams?

Appreciate your feedback and ideas.
Cheers!
~Richard

~*~
Richard Bravo: the Art of an Entrepreneur • Let's Connect On Facebook!
Richard Bravo
Contribution Level: 9

Re: »What Would It Look Like If It Were Simple & Easy?

Postby Rob Fore on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:51 pm

Pretty much an impossible set of questions to answer because THE SECRET to building a profitable business... regardless of industry... is to master marketing. And 'marketing' will mean different things to different people as we all come to the table with different skills sets, budgets and time available.
Rob Fore
Company: SendOutCards
Contribution Level: 6

Postby Richard Bravo on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:21 pm

~*~

Interesting response Rob.

So would you say a fair analysis of your answer is that, in order to build a lucrative, stable downline in today's market landscape, is that everyone who joins your team who wants to see a moderate level of success, must become a master at marketing?

Reminder, I'm speaking directly to success in direct/network marketing, aka mlm.

Thanks.

~*~
Richard Bravo

Postby senabe mthunzi on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:45 am

If it were simple and easy everyone would be doing it and taking it for granted.

Anything worth pursuing in life tends to come with a lot of hard work and dedication.
Yet some people see a person enjoying the benefits and not know the journey the person has been through.
Live life on your own terms as long as you have a laptop and internet connection. [size=150]http://tidyurl.com/kisqw9[size=150]
senabe mthunzi
Company: The Six Figure Mentors
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Richard Bravo on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:25 am

~*~

Perhaps it is a matter of perspective and definition?

Simple & Easy.
Seems most people immediately equate a statement like that with "no work involved."
But why is that? If something is simple and easy, does it really mean there is no work involved?

Does "work" have to be grueling, tedious, arduous and painful?
Is that the standard definition of work, simply because it is how everyone has been taught to view work?

After 23 years in this industry, one thing I know with certainty is that people overcomplicate it.

Newbies are taught they have to become superstars to taste success, by earning their battle wounds on the phone, in meetings, grocery lines, talking to strangers, etc.

My original question still stands however.
IF it were simple and easy, what would it look like?

If your own business were simpler and easier to execute, what would you be doing differently?
What would you prune from your processes?
What would you add to create more leverage?
What could you do differently to simplify the path to success for new team members?

It may be a bit esoteric in nature, but I firmly believe as leaders in this industry it is a question we should be asking as we move into a new age of direct selling.

~*~
Richard Bravo

Postby willie robertson on Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:20 pm

Wow, Sir Richard is back. How ya doing man?

Well Richard here's my take or more of a testimony. It's a long one.

I got introduced to MLM/Direct Sales way back in 1980 as a teenager, working for the old Airline TWA.

At age 19 I had purchased my first home, had a car and a truck thought I was living the life.

One day while working in my yard a carpenter who was working on my neighbors house hollered over the fence, hey, as I went to the fence he asked me if I'd ever thought of being my own boss/working for myself. I thought he was looking for an apprentice.

Long to short story he invited me to a breakfast, which I ended up going to with his wife. They served some great food, and then a man got up and started showing slides of large homes, boats, expensive cars.

He asked the question of the attendees, wouldn't you like to have all this? It turned out to be an Amway presentation.

I wasn't mad, however the guy never followed up with me. But, I left with a dream, wow this working for myself sounded pretty good.

Fast forward... I some how got on tons of direct mailing list as I was maturing in my young adult life. And one day I got A postcard with a guy who had a hole in his head, (a punched out whole around the head on the card,) lol.

The guy was Dale Calvert, the MLM company was New Image International. They sold 1 product in the weight
loss industry.

I sent $3.00 to get a cassette tape and more info on the business. I joined the company in 1996 and my life was forever changed... ( I left that company but I still value those training's today).

What Would It Look Like If It Were Simple & Easy? Here is my answer and thoughts on the subject.

Dale was the lead distributor, the lead company trainer for the distributors/Reps.

I will and am ever grateful to Dale for what he taught we the distributors in that company.

Dale developed what he called a Unified training system/(Unity & Separation,) he later did a training on it called "Confessions of a Network Marketing Millionaire" and shared it with the industry. I first heard that tape in 2007, (believe it or not, prior to listening to that tape I thought MLM was a get rich quick deal. I never thought of it as a real viable business. Pow, again, Sir Dale opened my eyes.)

The whole company was taught the same system, from the same training manual... As Dale said, a teenager in New York can use it as well as a Grandma out in the boondocks and they would all get the same results. If you did not succeed it was because you tried doing it your own way.

Before we ever were taught anything on how to share or build the business, we had to first build ourselves. Our belief system.

As Dale always say's. "Until You Know Why, The How Doesn't Matter!"

Dale is big on personal development.

We had to write out:

20 reasons: our top 20 life desires goals, then we narrowed it down to the top 3 most important.

We then wrote those 3 top reasons down on 3 sheets of note pad. We put 1 in our wallet/purse... 1 in the visor of our auto mobile, and 1 taped to our bathroom mirror.

afterwards our sponsor would set down with us and go over our 20, and 3 reason.

We were taught that we needed to have belief in our-self, The MLM industry, the company, the Product The company leadership, the MLM industry and the comp Plan.

Dale also taught us a system for gathering distributors, hint, it came out of customer care service.

Dale taught us how to properly approach family and friends with about our business and product. I know this isn't popular these days, what with online marketing so called systems and the like but that 1 product company went on to do $100 million dollars in sales all because of Dale's unified training system.

Remember I said that the entire company used the same exact training manual across the board.

Now days everybody and their mother has an online system, each supposedly better then the next and we're all just as scatter brained as ever.

Dale say's Methods and Systems change but principles and concepts remain the same.

I think we need to go back to the basic's.

Develop your why/reasons for wanting to do the business, develop belief in the industry, your company, the product, the company leadership, the comp plan. Why, because folk will try to shoot down your dream, but if you've done the above, it doesn't matter what they think you can't be stopped. As long as you don't quit.

I ran into Dale in 2007 while I was briefly in Ameri Plan... Dale was hired by Ameri Plan to teach their distributors this too. Those who applied it went on to have success.

BTW, I have found Dani Johnson and her systems to be of value.

For some reason, we in MLM think we can just fly by the seat of our pants with no proper training.

Most successful businesses have proper trainer provided to their sale force and it is usually unified type training.
Why do some people struggle for years, while others get results and the life they signed up for… in months? Success Starts Here
willie robertson
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Richard Bravo on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:56 pm

~*~

Hey Willie. It's good to be seen brother.
How've you been?

Man that's a great story.
And awesome nuggets of wisdom in there!

• Define your WHY.
• Build belief in yourself, the mission, the company, the industry.
• Unified training system.
• Focus on duplication of that system.

This is the core of what I'm investigating with my post here.
Can it be "Simple & Easy?"

I strongly believe it can be.
With the right system and procedures in place.
Like you said, today, people are scatter-brained all over the place.
Chasing rabbit holes left and right.
They look busy, but are they really building a business?

I would venture to say no.
I think there's an old conversation from back in the day around here somewhere, where we talked about this in the forum.

People getting distracted from their mlm, chasing affiliate sales, rather than building their core business.

There's a balance. But I think the mlm side of the equation has been so overcomplicated that the affiliate side feels easier and looks more appealing.

I want to find an answer, and create a solution for my team, that brings that excitement and allure to the mlm side.

~*~
Richard Bravo

Postby Ian McGregor on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi Senabe Mthunzi. I do agree with you that most people only see and want to see the end result of any success. They don't take the time to understand the journey. Some people work 2 and 3 jobs while taking 5 college classes just the possibility of a better way life. We all want some level of success that will give back the most important thing "Time Freedom".
Ian McGregor
Company: Ambit Energy Corporation
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Ian McGregor on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:12 am

Hi Willie Robertson,

I do agree with the Unified training approach.
In my experience from Banking, to Health Insurance (20 years), to retail, Real Estate and now MLM, Its literally your network that can make the difference between success and failure. Some people have large circles of contacts from friends, families to organizations. I have seen two people join an MLM that I participate in around the same time. Within 3 weeks, the individual with connections to fraternities, The Masons, The NAACP, and who has a child pet ride business in 8 malls in CT went from Marketing Consultant (MC) to (RC) Regional Consultant. Also, some people are better at public speaking with their presentations than others. Marketing is simply exposing your product and services to the largest audience as possible and then playing the percentage game to obtain new customers.
Ian McGregor
Company: Ambit Energy Corporation
Contribution Level: 1

Return to Main MLM Discussion