Forums

Do Auto Responders Really Build Relationships?

Give us your feedback to make this community a better place!

Moderator: admin

Do Auto Responders Really Build Relationships?

Postby monica odenwald on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:11 pm

Hi Community, I am in the process of composing my autoresponders.

I received an email from a BN member with such high rankings and he offered his phone number to call me on in response to my request....hmmm. WOW! Shazaaamm! YYYEEEEEESSS!

How many successful MLMs build that kind of repour from autoresponders? He offered me his phone number. I don't want to sound like a giddy school girl here. I just really felt he confirmed his success by doing this somehow.

That is what I want to offer my leads. I want to talk to them. I never want to be so big in this industry that I am unreachable and shrouded in a sort of mystery of glamour and fame. YOU Inc Yes but reachable for sure!

I am new to this so I don't know how it actually goes from automatic daily messages to phone calls and then a business relationship. But wouldn't just three passionate and interested leads that I can train and team build one-on-one with be better than 25 back burner leads I hunt down or entice through my autoresponders over a month or two of consistent correspondence?

I guess I am wondering about the potential quality rather than the quantity of leads that autoresponders create over time. And which one of these does this auto-method induce; quality leads or just quantity?

Any thoughts or constructive feedback for me at this stage?

Monica
Entrepreneur, philanthropist and Global Networker www.monicaodenwald.com
monica odenwald
Contribution Level: 3

Re: Do Auto Responders Really Build Relationships?

Postby monica odenwald on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:03 am

Thanks Dean, do you mean that when you receive an email responding to your response, you look for something alive, personal and real, dare I say - not automated?

Is there a perception that automated is big league and professional? Like for people who have a hundred leads a day and cant keep up so they just send their generic blessing to everyone automatically just to save the time involved in responding to each email individually?

Sorry, I am not being sarcastic...but genuinely curious.

MO
monica odenwald

Postby Teresa Ocasio on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:11 am

Autoresponders are cold and robotic. I personally can see right through them. They are very generic and do not tend to build relationships. The only autoresponder I will use is when I am on Vacation.

Teresa
Teresa Ocasio
Contribution Level: 2

Postby monica odenwald on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:38 am

Thanks Dean, yours is the kind of response one just doesn't hear typically regarding this subject. I am taking MD's course on auto responders (Copy Writing Guild) which emphasizes all the goals of relationship building, providing leadership, getting new customers, etc.

It just seems odd that the alternative to autoresponders, which I am guessing is just good old fashioned emailing from scratch (yes with value and organized content) is not ever discussed as an option or the "other way" to build relationships.

So I just assumed that every great chief in the industry all use autoresponders and don't respond to personal emails from strangers.

That was my impression until I was given a number from a great MLM personification. I was dumbfounded to be honest but then BN is full of miracles!Like Dean not being the robot I thought he was!

Thank God your real!
Monica
monica odenwald

Postby Deborah Tutnauer on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:40 am

Whoo- Hoo! My favorite topic...relationships. Monica..I have many people on my autoresponder lists. I offer my phone number in every email that I send..automated or not. I answer every email or phone question that comes my way, as long as it's not spam. When someone opts in to one of my pages, I personally call them within a few days (if they've given a real phone number).

In my book, this is how it should be done..and those who do it will shine in this industry. And you are correct...a few great relationships that turn into hard working business partners is much better than 100's that sit by the sidelines.

PS..Glad you got to know my friend Dean. He is one of the nicest people here at BN..and full of integrity and excellent ideas!!
I help Frustrated Entrepreneurs get real about Money, Marketing and Meaning.

Transformational Success Coaching begins with a Click and and an Appointment!
Deborah Tutnauer
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Michael B Wilbraham on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Personally, I'm not entirely convinced that AR's can build successful realtionships. If you are simply using them to remind your customer that you are there, then it will not achieve much for you. On the other hand, if you use an AR sequence to send some real content & information to your customers, then you may have a chance.

Use them to send a small eCourse, or perhaps information on your particular speciality. Make sure the information you send will be useful. And yes, do include your contact details..as many as you can - telephone numbers, skype contact and even a private e-mail address will assist with branding you as someone who is accessible. There is nothing worse than receiving some information on a subject, that info raises a question in your mind...& then you cannot contact the sender to discuss what you need to know or get clarification on.
Michael B Wilbraham

Postby Warren Veach on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:32 pm

The simple answer to the question, "Do Auto Responders Really Build Relationships?" is, no.

But they can help you in weeding through a large # of contacts, whittling it down to a more concise group with which you do want to build relationships.

Although initially, I was on a number of guru's list, I soon became tired of endless emails promoting their next big thing, or their next JV opportunity, without so much of a hint at any content of value.

Currently, I am on 1 major players list, and I remain on that list because every email I receive from him is content laden. I don't actually remember the last email I got from him with a sales pitch in it. Or if I have gotten one, it was so cleverly hidden I didn't know it was there.

His auto-responder emails link back to his blog (a snippet of the blog is included in the email), where weekly he takes a submitted question from one of his subscribers and posts the answer for all to see. Some weeks are more interesting than others, but I dare say I find value in his offerings more often than not.

His blog also links back to his primary website, where he has several valuable tools for his subscribers to use. But at the same time, he posts rotating links to his subscribers webpages, not only on his blog and his primary website, but on the emails he sends out to his subscribers linking to his blog!

So in essence, he is mailing 100,000's of thousands weekly with my link on his email, sending them to his blog with my link on his blog, linking back to his webpage with my link on his page.

Now my friends, that is using your auto-responder to build relationships with your subscribers!

And I would just about guarantee, that if your subscribers perceive that they are getting more than they are being asked to give, they not only will stay on your list, but refer others to it as well.
Have a GREAT day,
Warren

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

The Doctor Is In!..24/7 Access To US-Licensed Doctors. Speak with a Dr. on your schedule
Warren Veach
Company: State Continuing Education

Postby Lakisha Copeland on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Auto responders does help, but it should never take the place of the phone. If you are in a business where you need to call, then ask for the phone number up front.

If not, leave a phone number in all of your emails. Also it may help to occassionally broadcast emails to your list. Instead of having this series of emails that get sent out whenever a lead sign up.

Build repour by sending tons and tons of good content. The only thing worst than having no list, is a dead list.
Lakisha Copeland

Postby on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:05 pm

I guess auto responders are a necessary part of lead generation, what I have found is that it's the copy writing that makes all the difference in the world. Now a days people can see right though the generic stuff, but if you write them in a way that connects with your target market people really appreciate it and are more willing to act.
Persistence and Determination is a must,training plus action equals success !And above all else don't ever quit.

http://www.thecarboncopyprotimes.com/

http://www.networkmarketingindustries.com/

http://www.marketingmerge.com/

Postby Kaitlin Rose on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm looking into this question RIGHT NOW by actually testing out whether pre-written Auto Responders work or not.

Personally, I don't like the whole "automated" thing. But it does work for some people. That I AM aware of.

I joined Jonathan Budd's 7 Figure Networker system and set up my first campaign in a matter of ONE WEEK. As a stay at home mom, the quickness and simplicity of following along with the "how to set up your first marketing campaign" was a breeze (and a breath of fresh air, to an extent).

I'm going to be documenting the entire process, first testing out J. Budd's 7 Figure Networker, and then moving on to MLM Lead System Pro.

I have a feeling I'm going to like best what my gut tells me now - that honest, transparent, good 'ole fashioned emails written by yours truly are what will lead me to true success.

But it sure is fun testing these systems out! I'm learning a LOT.

Follow along with me as I discover which lead generating system does just that by visiting my blog (link below).

Kaitlin Rose
Last edited by KaitlinRose on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am testing online marketing systems to see which produce the best lead generation results. http://mlmsystemscheck.blogspot.com/
Kaitlin Rose

Next

Return to Feedback