Forums

Legal notices on websites

Have technical questions about setting up a website, hosting or other issues, so you can promote your mlm opportunity? We've got answers for you here.

Moderator: admin

Legal notices on websites

Postby Marius Lombaard on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 am

Hi all,

Is there an online service that can generate the following legal notices (or at least a good skeleton of it) for website owners based upon the results of an online questionnaire?

1. Privacy policy
2. Terms of Use
3. Disclaimers
4. etc

Obviously the above would be different depending on the content of your site and various other factors, so i'm just wondering if some base skeleton can be generated by an online service, based upon Q&A results.

Thanks,
Marius
My vexed musings on faith, life, and busines: www.MariusLombaard.net
Marius Lombaard
Company: Amway
Contribution Level: 3

Re: Legal notices on websites

Postby Adam Taha on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi Marius

Have a talk with Natasha Nassar Hazlett. She's here on BN or you can visit her on Facebook.

On her profile, it shows that she's an attorney, so I'm sure that either herself or businesses she knows can do it. She might be able to also direct you to the resources that be helpful.

Adam Taha
This is just one of the websites out of many I've designed and then built built by web developer called Wayne Hatter. Want to see others let me know..
http://yourwpmadesimple.com/
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby Marius Lombaard on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 am

i think i found one:

Legal Forms Generator

does anyone have a review of these guys?
Marius Lombaard

Postby J K on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:29 am

Recently Ben Settle and Jim Yaghi recommended them to their list.

They hardly promote third party stuff.

This would help you:

http://bensettle.com/blog/im-from-the-g ... screw-you/

J K
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Marius Lombaard on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 am

saweeet! then i guess i'm sold. :D
Marius Lombaard

Postby Adam Taha on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:01 pm

For anyone else, reading this. Think long term..

Always read the small print.

THE SMALL PRINT..

The legal forms and software that LegalFormsGenerator.com offers for sale are products, NOT legal representation by the Internet Attorneys Association LLC, Hokkaido Ventures LLC, its principals, or its affiliates. If you can afford to pay for legal counsel, you should do so instead of purchasing self-help products. When you purchase products from us, this does not create an attorney-client relationship with anyone.

This means, it's on your head if anything goes wrong. If suddenly a lawsuit happens, and your house, all your money is taken, THEN their back is covered, but not yours. You cannot blame their attorney as this product is not a representation of their legal standing to replace any legal internet policies and forms.

It says it there. It's a product not a legal representation.

If anyone can't afford such things, then get what you can do, and when you do make money, get it sorted by a true lawyers, attorney. FAST!

You don't want to bank your company, the investment, the future sales, home, etc, on what cannot promise to cover your back if something happens.
This is just one of the websites out of many I've designed and then built built by web developer called Wayne Hatter. Want to see others let me know..
http://yourwpmadesimple.com/
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby J K on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:48 pm

thedarkroom wrote:For anyone else, reading this. Think long term..

Always read the small print.

THE SMALL PRINT..

The legal forms and software that LegalFormsGenerator.com offers for sale are products, NOT legal representation by the Internet Attorneys Association LLC, Hokkaido Ventures LLC, its principals, or its affiliates. If you can afford to pay for legal counsel, you should do so instead of purchasing self-help products. When you purchase products from us, this does not create an attorney-client relationship with anyone.

This means, it's on your head if anything goes wrong. If suddenly a lawsuit happens, and your house, all your money is taken, THEN their back is covered, but not yours. You cannot blame their attorney as this product is not a representation of their legal standing to replace any legal internet policies and forms.

It says it there. It's a product not a legal representation.

If anyone can't afford such things, then get what you can do, and when you do make money, get it sorted by a true lawyers, attorney. FAST!

You don't want to bank your company, the investment, the future sales, home, etc, on what cannot promise to cover your back if something happens.

Adam, of course getting all our legal stuff sorted from an attorney (who knows internet laws) is probably the best option.

I don't think anyone would contest that.

With that being said, I don't think there is any issue with them having a disclaimer. In fact, not having that would be dangerous.

Supposing a spammer buys Mike's stuff, collect his visitor's email info and refuses to remove people from his list even after they click the unsubscribe button. Now if someone slaps a million dollar lawsuit against him, how can Mike's team take the blame?

Every company safeguards itself from its customers, affiliates, etc. That's just safe.

Actually in this case, when a user chooses the PRO PLUS option with a monthly plan, he gets to upgrade his legal forms as and when the US Internet laws change.

http://legalformsgenerator.com/images/comparison.jpeg

By the looks of it, this legal forms should keep people safe. Of course, getting it checked by an internet attorney makes it 100% safe.

J K
Contribution Level: 2

Return to Tech Advice