Forums

Getting Traffic to a site you haven't much control of

Have technical questions about setting up a website, hosting or other issues, so you can promote your mlm opportunity? We've got answers for you here.

Moderator: admin

Getting Traffic to a site you haven't much control of

Postby Matthew Craven on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi everyone I'm looking for a bit of help as I need to start getting traffic to my site. I am part of the Forever Living Gang and have my own domain name 'healthproductforlife'. So far I have posted on Facebook, craigslist, freeads, gumtree, google places, friday ads, all free ad sites, I have also started a blog on blogger, set up a youtube channel and posted a video with some keywords, set up a Tumblr, hubpages post bookmarked it on Digg, Delicious, Stumbleupon and also pinged these posts on pingomatic. But still can't seem to get any sales for my products. I have been advertising weight loss programs. I want to start looking at getting people involved in the business as that is where the money side of it is so am looking to start all this again to promote this but don't want to put all the work in if its not going to bring traffic any help would be great as I am confused now :?
Matthew Craven
Company: Forever Living Products International, Inc.
Contribution Level: 1

Re: Getting Traffic to a site you haven't much control of

Postby willie robertson on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi Matthew,

I visted all your site and I did not see any pages that could or would capture anyone's contact info that visits your site(s)...You're losing potential future customers.

I too learned this the hard way and I am trying to correct it.

I now have a lead capture page I send my trafic to for a freebie in exchange for their contact info...

The lead capture system I use is very simple, but you will need an autoresponder service.

There are some free ones like listwire, and I think mail chimp, but you probably run the risk of losing leads since it is not your own autoresponder.

I saw a product on your forever site pertaining to men's weight loss.

You might look at the benefits in that one product and make up a free report you could give away in exchange for someone giving you their email contact info.

Don't give out the name of the product on the capture page, you can include it in the free report with a link back to your site.

How about creating a simple lead capture page on your struggles with trying to lose weight and how you discovered a great way to lose weight safely, etc...then offer a free report on the secret that helped you, without giving it away until after the lead opts in to your list..
Why do some people struggle for years, while others get results and the life they signed up for… in months? Success Starts Here
willie robertson
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Adam Taha on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:20 am

healthproductforlife wrote:Hi everyone I'm looking for a bit of help as I need to start getting traffic to my site. I am part of the Forever Living Gang and have my own domain name 'healthproductforlife'. So far I have posted on Facebook, craigslist, freeads, gumtree, google places, friday ads, all free ad sites, I have also started a blog on blogger, set up a youtube channel and posted a video with some keywords, set up a Tumblr, hubpages post bookmarked it on Digg, Delicious, Stumbleupon and also pinged these posts on pingomatic. But still can't seem to get any sales for my products. I have been advertising weight loss programs. I want to start looking at getting people involved in the business as that is where the money side of it is so am looking to start all this again to promote this but don't want to put all the work in if its not going to bring traffic any help would be great as I am confused now :?

Now don't take what I say harsh. Imagine me smiling while I am saying this. It's your business, your future, so I have to say what needs to be said..

Here's what I see..

1. There is not one thing that differentiates you from all the rest.

There has been no branding strategy implement. I don't mean what most talk about with photo of themselves and them writing as an expert. I mean branding strategy, values, purpose, uniqueness, story and where are you and stories of customers in all this.

I read your BN profile.

You talk about results. How friends asked what you do, and so forth. How they wanted to know. Where is the complete story showing results on your website? Real stories.

I go to your website...I see no stories. I see no photos of you. I see no video of you talking. I see nothing but about products, features, guarantees etc etc..

There's no results, a story of you getting results, photos of your change in health. No story at all about your customers who have used your knowledge, skill and the products.

Things customers will want to see for themselves on what others say. That's why Amazon has testimonial section and that's why all brands to small companies have it too. It is part and plays a big role in conversions for sites.

When I meet prospects face to face or online, I have a list of customers and document revealing what they said. And a magazine that has knowledge and their testimonial and experiences. So the proof is there for them to read from what other people say.

2. There is no headline that grabs the customer on a specific problem.
In fact there is no focus point because there has been no strategy.

It's all about products, features, benefit of products. There is nothing in rich, valuable content that someone can read and share to others.

There is no angle you are coming from, that pilots it all.

Internet, with sites, blogs...it's social. If it was a business website, you have at least 10-20 missing components in there which straight away loses credibility.

For example..

Real...customer...testimonial about their experience with you, the products, service, delivery etc.

3. Traffic comes in but there is no tactic, in building your list.
So traffic comes in...traffic goes out. Think of one problem you can solve for targeted customers.

Write a series of emails focusing on educating about this problem. Have a front end product low in price...high in quality to educate and first...build trust.

Add optin form for it.

Have thank you page saying to check their email for free download that you promised. When they go to download page, don't trick them. Give them what you promise but add a video of you, in sports gear, with you looking healthy...show your face...let them know where all this will lead too.

Have a strategy...a direction...and let them know it's purpose i.e. to solve this one problem.

Then lead them later, after educating them to a product...that solves...that problem. Provide personal customer service if you can on phone, skype for those who like to ask questions.

Conclusion...

Click on my signature link and it will take you to a thread in BN. It will reveal the missing components you need on your website.

Just don't do what most do here. Not leave a comment and a thank you.

You have some work to do but it's worth it if that's where you're heart is. There's no secret. You just need to put certain things that are very important in place so it makes customers feel comfortable and trust you more.

Adam
This is just one of the websites out of many I've designed and then built built by web developer called Wayne Hatter. Want to see others let me know..
http://yourwpmadesimple.com/
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby willie robertson on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:43 am

Great stuff Adam...

I saw this on FB this morning and thought it would be a great share to add to this thread...

Your "Brand" is not about business cards, logos, or slogans. Your Brand is the essence of who you are. It is a feeling people get when they come in contact with you and your business.

You can't fake your Brand because you will get found out in our new age of social media. The best Brands of the future will be real, touchable, and inspiring.

Gone are the days of faceless companies. You are your business and your business is you. So don't hide behind your business. Be the spokesperson, the cheerleader, and evangelist for your business.

You are the Brand!

Posted By Amos Johnson, Jr
Why do some people struggle for years, while others get results and the life they signed up for… in months? Success Starts Here
willie robertson

Postby Adam Taha on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks Willie

If we look at companies, the ones who at the top of the game, we see something. I broke it down, bit by bit.

Branding strategy is where these companies identify their purpose first. Then their values, mission etc. The branding technique they use is to...create a MOOD. That's what differentiates each company from one another..

They got it down to a science.

The mood they create makes these companies unique.

Branding is about people and people have past experiences. They have memories of what makes them feel good. Their memory also contains their beliefs, their values, the smell that remind them of home or another good experience.

These companies know this and know it's human beings.

So they create a brand, with an archetype...a personality.

Because that's what a brand is. It is a personality, a real organ, values, culture which connects to the customer of that similar values.

I looked at the Chocolate bar called SNIKERS. It's personality is Jester.

Apple is...the rebel. The apple logo is no accident. The bite in the apple symbolizes the first rebel action of Adam and Eve when biting the apple.

Then we look at their tagline..

"THINK DIFFERENT"

Which tells us....Apple isn't about following the crowd.

A rebel needs a "ruler."

The ruler Apple chose first was IBM.

Later on, they strategically and smartly focused the "ruler" archetype to Microsoft/PC.

Hence the brand values and purpose, and message we saw in commercial called..

"I'm A Mac."

So we see a development from ground up.

What's happened to most Network Marketers is this...

They think strategy is article writing, social media, SEO, PPC etc. These are not strategies. These are tactics.

Strategy is purpose, vision, values, envision the direction of the business. Incorporating all these into the Brand to connect with the values that's inside the head of their targeted...customer.

That's where the Network Marketers suppose to start.

Not start on building a website but getting the foundation sorted.

Most haven't. So we got a major problem when a site is built and products added.

1. The problem they are going to solve. And this problem rides their whole brand. It will become the thing the company they build or themselves to be known for....for always. It will help them to leverage it to one day expand to other products or services which now becomes a sales funnel.

It is a problem that brings rich content on a website.

They cannot do it because they missed this part.

2. They need to then do tests with customers. To ensure they got it right. This also ensures they got customers..BEFORE...they even create the product. Most haven't done it.

3. In doing these steps, especially second one...they now have stories from customers.

Testimonials, experiences they have had with the business owner. And the business owner is so excited because he/she can now use these stories in videos, email newsletters, intros of books, sales letters, squeeze page videos to...increase his/her credibility.

Most can't do that.

Because the screw up happened on step one.

Misunderstanding what strategic planning is. Misunderstanding what branding is. Misunderstanding what brand identify is. Misunderstanding what marketing tactic is. Misunderstanding what Public Relationship is.

We see this problem in threads write now..

"What shall I write?"

The customer defines what we write.

"what product shall I lead with?"

The customer defines what product we lead with.

"What business do I set up or join?"

The customer defines it and if step one and two is done...the business owner will have a list to tap into and find out what's going wrong, what's going right.

It can't happen when most short cut...the short cut.

So now, when someone tries branding it's.

a) No strategic planning.
b) No personality.
c) No story.
d) No rich unique content.
e) Wrong message attracting tire kickers.
f) Creates counter-productive mood for selling.

And because it doesn't work...most think the solution is build another website.

Taking the lesson NOT learnt to wherever they do i.e. to another website and another with same result.

Adam Taha
This is just one of the websites out of many I've designed and then built built by web developer called Wayne Hatter. Want to see others let me know..
http://yourwpmadesimple.com/
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby Matthew Craven on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:58 pm

There is one thing, I have no control on what I put on the site as its owned by Forever Living so can only send traffic there, I have set up a blog and videos etc to send traffic that way but not sure on how to do the rest you say for the site without having control of the site.
Matthew Craven

Postby Richard Bravo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:09 pm

Matthew I would start by backing up all the way to the beginning of this post...

Where did you get the idea that you had to do all of that,
and what resources/person taught you the steps?

At first glance it looks like a good plan. But it's actually full of holes.
Holes that will KILL your campaign and produce the exact results you're getting.

I'm willing to play along on the topic, but let's start with you putting things into context and setting the stage a little better so I know where to go with my answers based on facts.

~RB

Richard Bravo: the Art of an Entrepreneur • Let's Connect On Facebook!
Richard Bravo
Contribution Level: 9

Postby Chris Tryon on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Forget about getting traffic to your website.

How about practicing the art of networking? You know- get to know people, find out what their interests are, listen for them to start talking about a problem that your company can solve and then direct them to your website, but not until you have their phone number and an appointment to call them back and answer their questions and address their concerns.

Do you think this would work? If not, have you tried it?
Find out what the F.U.S.S. system is all about!
Take your free tour at: http://super6power.com/jerkysnack
Chris Tryon

Postby Matthew Craven on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:50 am

Hi RB,

After taking the products with the company I would like to sell them as I believe they are one of the best I have come across because of my results and the quality. I can't promote them within my current job as I am a bodyguard and it would be a conflict of interest so I would lose my job. So I thought the best way would be to use the internet and my local area. I am doing this because I would like to build a network up as a second income so when I am quiet I am still earning money plus helps me retire early lol. Hope this helps you understand my situation

Matt
Matthew Craven

Postby Belinda Summers on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:42 pm

Yes, what you are doing is great. Keep it up. As they say you cannot get great result by just working overnight. There is no overnight success. Increase your effort in doing the smm/seo thing and be patient, you''ll be amaze by the result.
Belinda Summers

Return to Tech Advice