Forums

How Long Is Your Attention Span? ...

Introduce yourself, get to know one another, or talk about anything else on your mind here!

Moderator: admin

Postby Richard Bravo on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 pm

What's up forum ...
I have a quick question for ya'll.

As some of you know I'm putting together a Wordpress optimization training and I'd like to know

I've received a lot of great feedback from the community at large and we have a killer lineup of topics to share with you. But here's the thing ...

Some of the topics are fairly complex in so much as it may not do them justice to skim through in 5 or 10 minutes. Things such as click through tracking, setting up Google analytics, campaign tracking, All In One SEO configuration, blogging schedule, content creation, ad serving and setting up in house advertising, Photoshop, etc.

With all those topics to cover ...
What do you all prefer as the format for the training:

1. One long webinar (2-2.5 hours) and try to cover as much as we can in one shot.
2. Several 60-90 minute sessions where we go in-depth on each topic.

A. Option 2 "back to back" say 7pm each night over a 4-5 day period.
B. Option 2 once per week, say 7pm Wednesday nights for several weeks.

Or ...
Would you prefer a completely prerecorded set of modules that you can watch online at your leisure, accompanied by a "members only" forum for extended Q&A ?

We'd like this to be as in-depth as possible and serve it up in the most optimal format for everyone to have the greatest benefit from the training.

What say you?
Learn How To Turn Your Passion Into Profits ... YouIncPro.com
Subscribe to RSS | Follow Us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & YouTube
Richard Bravo
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 9

Re: How Long Is Your Attention Span? ...

Postby Warren Veach on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Richard,

I would have responded quicker, but I kept forgetting what it was I was reading and having to start over. :lol:

Seriously, my only issue with Options 1 or 2, A or B is one of scheduling.

With any of the above options, should it not be possible for me to attend the scheduled presentation, then I miss out entirely.

The option of a completely prerecorded set of modules that I can watch online at my convenience, accompanied by a "members only" forum for extended Q&A would be my first choice.

Its really not a matter of attention span, so much as a matter of timing and scheduling.
Have a GREAT day,
Warren

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

The Doctor Is In!..24/7 Access To US-Licensed Doctors. Speak with a Dr. on your schedule
Warren Veach
Company: State Continuing Education
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Pavol Almasi on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:49 pm

I think (speaking in general), people cannot absorb new information in more than 30-45 minutes intervals. After that, they will start falling back as they will not be able to keep up. I think that's why school hour is 45 minutes. It's a mixture of attention span and ability to absorb and comprehend new information.
Pavol Almasi
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Cheryl James on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Due to scheduling and unplanned distractions.... I would have to agree that a series of pre-recorded modules would be the way to go. Most webinars these days do not allow any real interaction anyhow.

I guess it is a fear of those dreaded distractions :roll:
Afraid of Commitment? then try this... http://SmartHomeBiz.ws
Cheryl James
Company: Talk Fusion Global
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Jason Jahr on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:11 pm

:) Hi Richard. First let me thank you for setting up this training. I do appreciate your kindness and efforts. I would recommend two of your options. Have a call on a Wednesday night for several weeks along with archives on the Internet where one can either review the discussed topic or view it should he be unable to make the call. Mentoring for Free has this set-up so that if I miss a call or was not yet enrolled when it transpired, I can just go to the archives and listen for myself. These options provide great flexibility for virtually anyone. I do not recommend a long webinar because after a while people's minds begin to concuss and then fail to retain what you taught. Shorter time slots permit greater retention rates and reduce the chance of mental and emotional overload. Hope my suggestions help. Look forward to your training!
Jason Jahr

Postby Rosaura Dobles on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Hello Richard.

I would like the PRERECORDED OPTION.

Many thanks.

R.D.
Rosaura Dobles
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Joyce Penner on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:58 pm

PRERECORDED ! Reason: Evenings are the prime time to talk to those who are still working a day job. A 1 or 2 hour training seriously cuts into quality people time.
Prerecorded gives you the option of listening/watching at midnight or 2 a.m. or whenever your downtime is.
Thanks Richard,
Joyce Penner
Joyce Penner | Core Partner
Wellness, Prosperity, Lifestyle by Design
Stop Struggling By Yourself ~ Experience the POWER Of a Team!
Team Inc Pro
Joyce Penner

Postby Richard Bravo on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:02 pm

:idea: Awesome everyone - thank you for the feedback!

Anyone else care to share your thoughts or experience if you've done a training like this?
Learn How To Turn Your Passion Into Profits ... YouIncPro.com
Subscribe to RSS | Follow Us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & YouTube
Richard Bravo

Postby Adam Taha on Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:05 pm

Pre-recorded is good. I got a lot asking for re-record richard cause it's flexible and some are mums and single dads.

And they can log on, whenever one wants in their time. Plus, it helps cause I got kid and loads of nieces and nephews, and craziness in house. So be good to be able to pause and then go back kind of thing. Some sites I use are pre-recorded and makes life easier.

Attention span - about 30 minutes from 85% and others who I've asked like even shorter, like 15 - 20 mins. My own attention span same, about 20-30 minutes.

And that's even when watching matrix movie :)

Adam Taha
The funniest thing about this particular signature is...by the time you realise it - it really doesn't say anything...and it's too late to stop reading it
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby Dee Light on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:40 pm

k----I was seriously reading your post Richard and considering the possibilities----until I read Warren's response and fell off my chair laughing. Now they are trying to restore my breathing to normal---be back soon with my answer to your inquiries.

You'd have to be older to get the full impact of all this :lol: :lol: :lol: omg
Dee Light

Next

Return to The Lounge