Forums

Is Your Blog A Wild Market Place Or A Book Full Of Value???

Introduce yourself, get to know one another, or talk about anything else on your mind here!

Moderator: admin

Is Your Blog A Wild Market Place Or A Book Full Of Value???

Postby Pete Zafra on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:32 am

I've visited lots of blogs already since I've started in this industry and noticed 1 big error most blogs have in common which is all they do is sell. A purpose of a blog is to build strong relationships by providing value and a blog is a great way to provide value. What's your views on this?
100% Commissions paid daily and instantly? This was almost kept a secret! We can teach you how to make that possible.

Visit our blog and Learn how. Check it out here: http://www.PeteZafra.com.
Pete Zafra
Company: AmeriSciences
Contribution Level: 3

Re: Is Your Blog A Wild Market Place Or A Book Full Of Value???

Postby Ron Barnas on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:36 pm

Hey Pete, I see your point most blogs are filled with with adds and promotions, but is there value? That would depend on what is being promoted. I have found many promotions that have inspired me greatly and that were very valuable. That being said you need to search for the ones that best fits your personal needs.

The best thing about visiting others blogs is that you can leave when every you want without feeling guilty. So if it's not given you any valve just move on.
"You may delay, but time will not."
By: Ben Franklin.... http://barnasbusiness.com/
Ron Barnas
Company: ViSalus Sciences
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Natasha Nassar Hazlett on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Funny you should bring up this topic! I was just encouraging people who have been so obsessed with giving VALUE that they actually FORGET to sell! :-)

There has to be a balance, I think. Giving value is definitely key. But you need to be able to also make some money as well. I think layout is very important. If you have ads slapped all over your page, your blog looks cluttered. Visitors don't like clutter! I suggest a "Recommended Resources" page, and perhaps a couple of banners on the side of your blog, but keep it clean and simple.
Natasha Nassar
Attorney & Internet Marketing Consultant

"Empowering Entrepreneurs to Build Their Brand Online"
Connect With Me!
Grab Your Free 7 Day Attraction Marketing Crash Course Now!
Natasha Nassar Hazlett

Postby Andrea Thornton on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Wow! I was just asking myself this question about my own blog. I asked my daughter to read it (my husband always says it's wonderful, so that's nice, but not really helpful) and she skimmed though it and said well some of it is funny.

It looks balanced to me, but since it is my first blog, I hardly qualify as an expert. Is it allowed to ask for advise here? If so, the link is below, if not, disregard.

I have been looking at other people's blogs, and some have just blown me away at how sophisticated they are! Some have just left me wondering what the blog was even about, and I'd like to *not* be in that category. :oops:

Andrea
Tell me what you think. http://yesmoneyathome.ws
Andrea Thornton
Company: Global Domains International, Inc

Postby Richard De Haven on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:28 am

In my opinion a blog should provide tremendous value. The kind of value that someone can use to implement in their life or business without purchasing something. At the same time a blog should be able to sell and ask for the sale. Both are commendable and are necessary to succeed financially.

Appreciation from the Heart,

Richard De Haven
Are You Tired Of The Hype In MLM? Here's Your Chance To....Disocover Real Stories of Real People Making Real Money in MLM

Visit http://www.MLMSuccessStories.com Now To Get The Inside Scoop Of What It REALLY Takes To Succeed IN MLM!
Richard De Haven
Company: SendOutCards

Postby Pete Zafra on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:40 am

ronbarnas wrote:Hey Pete, I see your point most blogs are filled with with adds and promotions, but is there value? That would depend on what is being promoted. I have found many promotions that have inspired me greatly and that were very valuable. That being said you need to search for the ones that best fits your personal needs.

The best thing about visiting others blogs is that you can leave when every you want without feeling guilty. So if it's not given you any valve just move on.

Great answer Ron. I agree with you. If what they are promoting is valuable, then without a doubt its healthy for the blog and it's readers.

You are so right there. We can leave without feeling bad. That's why it's vital and super important that we provide a lot of value. We want to keep our visitors on our site as long as we can, not the opposite.

Thanks for your response buddy! :D
100% Commissions paid daily and instantly? This was almost kept a secret! We can teach you how to make that possible.

Pete Zafra

Postby Pete Zafra on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:45 am

natashanassar wrote:Funny you should bring up this topic! I was just encouraging people who have been so obsessed with giving VALUE that they actually FORGET to sell! :-)

There has to be a balance, I think. Giving value is definitely key. But you need to be able to also make some money as well. I think layout is very important. If you have ads slapped all over your page, your blog looks cluttered. Visitors don't like clutter! I suggest a "Recommended Resources" page, and perhaps a couple of banners on the side of your blog, but keep it clean and simple.

haha! Yes very possible. It's important to balance those 2 out first. Value first, then share whatever we have that could help our prospects/visitors/readers out.

Yes, highly agree with you on that. Our blog layout should be clean and well organized. We wouldn't want our visitors to leave or blog or end up in a random site thanks to clicking on the ads on our site. I personally use the "Recommended Resources" Tab. I think it's better that way. I also have a couple of banners on the footer of my blog. After that, it's pretty much content based afterwards. Clean and simple is how to make this work out. :D

Thanks for your response! :D

Pete Zafra

Postby Pete Zafra on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:47 am

Andrea_Thornton wrote:Wow! I was just asking myself this question about my own blog. I asked my daughter to read it (my husband always says it's wonderful, so that's nice, but not really helpful) and she skimmed though it and said well some of it is funny.

It looks balanced to me, but since it is my first blog, I hardly qualify as an expert. Is it allowed to ask for advise here? If so, the link is below, if not, disregard.

I have been looking at other people's blogs, and some have just blown me away at how sophisticated they are! Some have just left me wondering what the blog was even about, and I'd like to *not* be in that category. :oops:

Andrea

Hey Andrea,

Glad this thread could help you out in a way! I just checked your blog and I think it's good. It's clean, organized and user-friendly. I'd be glad to help you out. I've created my own blog and pretty much set it up myself. Helped a lot of people with theirs already. Feel free to connect with me and ask for help. :D
A blog to me is connecting with other people on a more personal point of view. People will get to know who we are, how we write, how we think and our way of writing. Also the best way in my opinion to offer value and attract more followers. :D

Pete Zafra

Postby Pete Zafra on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:56 am

RichardDeHaven wrote:In my opinion a blog should provide tremendous value. The kind of value that someone can use to implement in their life or business without purchasing something. At the same time a blog should be able to sell and ask for the sale. Both are commendable and are necessary to succeed financially.

Appreciation from the Heart,

Richard De Haven

You are very right there. Value is definitely the first step of the blogging process. Should be free, clear and easy to understand. We should also definitely balance the sales and the value. Both are definitely important like you've just mentioned.

Pete Zafra

Postby Andrea Thornton on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:57 am

Thanks Pete!

I visited your blog as well. Man! That sucker's beautiful! You made it by yourself? It looks like a professional made it. I bookmarked it so I can go back and read some more.

Andrea
Tell me what you think. http://yesmoneyathome.ws
Andrea Thornton
Company: Global Domains International, Inc

Next

Return to The Lounge