Forums

Are You More Successful At Marketing To Women Or Men? & Why?

Introduce yourself, get to know one another, or talk about anything else on your mind here!

Moderator: admin

Are You More Successful At Marketing To Women Or Men? & Why?

Postby Stephanie Ray on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:18 am

Hi Everyone!
I was curious to see your opinions on marketing to different people and personality types, as well as male or female.

For myself, being a woman, I find it's easier for me to market myself and my skills to other women than to men. Being a dog trainer, I get a lot of men referred to me by women who have taken my courses. I am also finding that to be true in my online marketing.

What has helped me understand these trends was free training into personality types. How to identify them, and how to cater marketing strategies for each type.

What are your thoughts on the subject?
-Stephanie Ray
If you want to build and run a successful business, you first need the right set of tools.
Let Mentoring for Free be your mental toolbox for building a successful future!
Stephanie Ray
Company: Mentoring For Free
Contribution Level: 2

Re: Are You More Successful At Marketing To Women Or Men? & Why?

Postby Volker Schaefer on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:30 am

For me it is easier to market to man but I have a better teamwork with women.

Maybe that's a problem :D
Volker Schaefer
Company: Life Plus International
Contribution Level: 5

Postby Stephanie Ray on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:06 am

Hello Mr. Schaefer,
Some questions I seek to answer are:

1-Which personality types are the people to whom you market your products/your skills? --> This will help with how you approach them.

2-What do they truely look for from the interaction with you that will fulfill their need, & at the same time satisfy them on an intellectual and emotional level? --> Usually, once I've been able to figure this out, I can make a determination about how I can most effectively help them get what they need from what I'm offering.

Next step is to develop the idea of team mentality for your newbies. Let them know you won't leave them out in the cold. That you've got their back.

-Stephanie Ray
If you want to build and run a successful business, you first need the right set of tools.
Let Mentoring for Free be your mental toolbox for building a successful future!
Stephanie Ray
Company: Mentoring For Free
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Volker Schaefer on Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:56 am

Hey Stephanie Ray,

thanks for the advice.

Best greetings from Austria

Volker
Volker Schaefer
Company: Life Plus International
Contribution Level: 5

Postby Mario Sanders on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:18 pm

From my past experience, I found out that I am more successful with women than men.
Women listen and will try something new. Once they like the product, they will tell others.
Men, on the other hand will do something different. They will try something new and stay on it for awhile. They have not commented whether they liked a product or not, unless they are pressed for an answer.
A woman will comment on the products. If she likes it, she will tell others.
Both men and women are good at not keeping up with what they bought. Neither have stayed with the products to see an end result.
A young lady was on the product, and later dropped it. About a year later, she started again. She liked the results better than the other products she tried.
The young man on the other hand, was on the products. He stopped. When the conversation came up again and other customers started to talk about and trying it, he tried it again.
Women seems to be the ones to try new things and tell others about their experience.
Mario Sanders
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 7

Postby crif Johnson on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:36 am

Hi,
As far as my point of view is concern marketing with women is easier compare to man.The reason is that woman are more sensitive and focus as compare to man.
crif Johnson
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Harry Kyin on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:57 am

Generally I have found myself more successful at marketing to men. First and foremost, they themselves are attuned to new product launches. Secondly they are more willing to try out the funky, the exotic, the new-features enabled product. Thirdly they are not loyal to a particular brand and don't mind experimenting. I think this goes in line with their general need to have more variety and hence it is easier with them.
Harry Kyin

Postby Charlie Holding on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:59 am

I suppose it depends on the product?

Charlie Holding

Return to The Lounge