Forums

Why did you choose your particular business?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Why did you choose your particular business?

Postby Aquil Knight on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:12 pm

Hello everyone, I want to know what is your business? But more importantly why did you choose the business that you are in. I search the web and I see all of these new matrix's pop up. The term revolutionary, the best on the net, ect.. And people jump at the so called next best thing especially in vitamins and nutrition. I am not looking for an opportunity but I would appreciate your feedback!!

Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Aquil Knight
Aquil Knight
Contribution Level: 1

Re: Why did you choose your particular business?

Postby Gary Wilmot on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi Aquil,

I have an answer to your question that may be slightly different to what you were expecting; I basically didn't choose the business I am involved with.

Did I just accidentally land in the business then? No, of course not, but I did not choose it. The fact is, I chose to work with a team that I was introduced to.

There's a massive range of products and companies out there and, by and large, every one of those can get you to where you want to be. Now there will be some products that you like more than others, and that may play some part in any decision, but ultimately this is a people business. Finding people you can work with, people you can learn from, and people you don't mind spending time with - well for me, that's at least as important as the product, service or company.

Of course, we are all different and what works for me may not work for others. But you did ask for opinions :)

All the best
Gaz
Gary Wilmot
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Richard Martin on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:18 pm

The opportunity I am involved with really just "spoke to me". I wasn't looking to join an MLM...but when I found this company, I just wanted in. It just looked fun.
Richard Martin

Postby Suzan McNally on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:39 pm

I actually did not choose the Xango business, in fact I distinctly remember stating that I would try the Xango juice to see if it would help me. I have fibromyalgia, CMT, IBS and some other underlying complaints along with depression. I didn't really think that a juice would provide me pain relief and energy that I was promised, but I am always open-minded and I knew it could not hurt since it is all natural. I drank the first bottle and thought perhaps I was feeling better...then on to my second bottle, but still not interested in the business. After about a month, Iknew that Xango was working for me, I was getting better...no pain, a better attitude and much increased energy. I also knew that I wanted to purchase Xango and I needed to defray the expense. I joined Xango as a Distributor and have been happy ever since. I always have to laugh when I tell my friends that I did not choose my second career (i was an educator), it chose me! Go Xango!! http://goxango.com/smcnally :D
Suzan Wells McNally
XanGo Independent Distributor #9356880
http://Suzan.myjetstream.net
541-592-2483
Your best opportunity for health & wealth!!

Suzan McNally
Company: XanGo, LLC

Postby on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:01 am

Awesome topic my friend!

For me, I was always the guy wanting to change the world and share my crazy yet somewhat unoticed point of view. I wanted to develop myself and grow and help others do the same because after reading all the books and CD's and looking at the world from a different perspective, I could see literally millions of people stuck in jobs that they hated and were in what we call 'learned helplessness'.

I'm doing online marketing because I can take all of the before mentioned and MAGNIFY it all over the world...let's get out there and change people's lives (for the better)!
I'm An Online Entrepreneur And Coach For Anyone Wanting To Take Their MLM To The Next Level...

Learn How To Generate Already Interested People Into Your Business Either As A Customer Or Distributor Like A Pro...

Postby Nam Do on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:12 am

Because the world needs it...and so do I :D
Nam
http://www.masterPPCmarketing.com
http://www.iHateRejection.com
http://BlackBelt.iHateRejection.com

No Inviting. No Meetings. MLM at it's finest!!! Go to http://www.Only398.com now and build a MLM without doing what you hate to do!
Nam Do
Company: SendOutCards

Postby Dotti Berry on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:25 am

Hi Aquil,

For me, it's not just a simple "Why did I choose my particular business."

Here's how I put together my VISION PLAN (vs a Business Plan) relative to network marketing. I believe that many people put together a Business Plan, and then have it sit on the shelf. I developed my VISION PLAN to be an ongoing, dynamic and changing document which acts as the foundation and guide for every business decision I make.

My daily and life-long motto consists of two words: Ancora Imparo. (well, three words if you translate it to English...I'm Still Learning!). When I began looking at network marketing and the digital world of internet marketing, after having had an offline business that was Small Business of the Year in the United States, I got to live and experience my motto to the max! I also quickly realized that I wanted to be a part of what I consider the first major paradigm shift in business models in my lifetime (I am 55). Utilizing what I have coined "Age of Influence" marketing (Attraction Marketing on steriods), I decided that I wanted to structure my overall business to encompass two aspects: 1) My Primary Businesses 2) Business Tools which help others achieve success in their network marketing business.

The bottom line is that I sought two Primary Businesses which:
1) Significantly impact and make a difference in people's lives in one of two areas which I feel are negatively impacting people in our society: #1 is finances and #2 is Health/Wellness/Weight-Loss
2) Are DEBT FREE (in other words, I did not want to be a part of one that was using the reps to fund their business)
3) Hold the potential of being a "once in a lifetime" history-making ground floor level opportunity.

My first step was selecting my Primary Businesses in each of the two categories of 1) Finances and 2) Health/Wellness/Weight-Loss.

My life-long entrepreneurial endeavors have materialized as much from being open and available, as they have from "researching" a situation. I have discovered that if I am open, the situation that I need to research finds me. This was no exception. I was at a short sale seminar (I am a real estate investor), and it was there that the business opportunity in the area of Finances was offered for me to research. I did. It met my criteria of being a debt-free company and offered a proudct that was 2008 product of the year in that industry. Additionally, the owners were named Entreprenuer of the Year by Ernst & Young in a region, and their product has helped clients in the U.S. pay off over $150 million in debt in just two years. Bingo. It hit for me. Though it was a young company, the opportunity was past the "ground floor level opportunity." I got on board with the company and moved to a top position in my Business #1 in the area of finances in 6 months.

I continued to "search and research" for a primary business in area #2, that of Health/Wellness/Weight Loss. The fact that my first choice was somewhat past the "ground floor level opportunity," that meant my #2 Primary Business would have to meet that criteria.

Anyway, just this past week, Primary Business #2, that I had been inviting into my life, found me! Attraction marketing works in more ways that you realize! Once again, I then researched it. I did this quickly because it is in pre-launch, and time was of the essence. Again, this company intriqued me because it definitely fit the criteria that one of my two primary businesses had to fit..."a once-in a lifetime, history making, ground floor level opportunity." So I now have my Health/Wellness/Weight-Loss primary business.

Why is this second pbusiness so attractive to me? Five reasons:

#1 is the product. It is a patent pending weight loss product backed by Canadian Clinical trials and has a 90 Day Money Back Guarantee. (I believe this is unprecendented, as most seem to be 60 days at the max, and often even that type of guarantee).

#2 is the opportunity. Daily payouts and a fair way for anyone to reach the top of the payout scale. (I got on board just this week and already have 100 on my team)

#3 is the track record of the individual behind the company (he has previously taken several companies, whose names you would recognize in the industry, to over $1 billion in sales)

#4 is what the company is giving back. The CEO of the company has designated 1/2 % of all sales to go back to a non-profit with which he has been associated for over 20 years.

#5 is that it is the "once in a lifetime, history making, ground floor level opportunity" that I said one of my two primary businesses had to be

Here are some Interesting pre-launch facts during my second primary company’s first 4 weeks in business:

1) $1 MILLION DOLLARS in Product Sales...unprecedented
2) Over 12 people already at a 5 figure monthly income
3) Over 100 people already at a 4 figure monthly income

If any of this sounds of interest to you, you can email me at CoachB@DottiBerry.com. I would be happy to interview you and see if you are a fit for my two primary companies. Without knowing your goals and aspirations, it would be hard for me to say whether or not what I have is a fit for you; however, I would be more than happy to discuss your desires and see if it is.

Wondering what's behind that image? "Click It" to visit me!

http://www.DottiBerry.com
Text CoachB to 90210 & upload My Mobile Card
Dotti Berry
Company: iZigg

Postby Galel Fajardo on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:14 am

I chose my business for the following reasons:

1. I believe in the services
2. It looked fun and exciting (and IS fun and exciting!)
3. I would be working with a team of people (my upline sponsors) who are successful I have an enormous amount of respect for
4. The company is endorsed by a multi-billionaire who I have respect for
5. I like the direction the company is headed after having spoken to one of the company's co-founders.

It took a step in faith initially, and has begun to pay off now. If you have the right intentions, good things will follow.
Galel Fajardo
Company: ACN, Inc

Postby humph schriek on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:24 am

Very simple. My four universal rules of Social Network Marketing:

1. Love what you do
2. Share what you do with others
3. Others in turn share with others
4. All benefit in a better place than how you start it
humph schriek

Postby Waseem Mirza on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:28 am

Hi Aquil,
I chose my business because I believed that it was a genuine opportunity and a chance to make good money. The benefits attracted me and so did the way the company worked.
Waseem Mirza
Contribution Level: 3

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion