Forums

What content to put in a website?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

What content to put in a website?

Postby philip nguyen on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi you guys, I'm new to online marketing and I have a few questions. I'm currently building a lead capture website but I'm not sure what content to put in it.

I notice that some people's lead capture sites' contents are completely unrelated to home business or MLM, but rather devoting the website to something like "Fixing your garage" or other non related content, and somewhere on the website is an advertisement to make money and a form to fill out.

On the other hand, there are websites that talks about starting your own home business and being financially free, and if you are interested fill out and submit the form.

What should I do? Should I create a website that is unrelated to business and squeeze in a capture form somewhere in the site, or should I create a website explaining about the potential of running a home business and put in a capture form there?

thanks!
philip nguyen
Contribution Level: 1

Re: What content to put in a website?

Postby Jeff Mitchell on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:52 pm

I highly suggest 2 different types of site for 1 purpose....generating leads.

Capture Page
Blog

The capture page has a sole purpose of generating leads whatever you are doing...ie. spending time in the forums, using paid advertising or what not.

The blog is meant for personal branding and search engine optimization. It is a capture page in and of itself with every new post that you put into it. (just make sure you have the proper tools in place to generate the leads with you blog. All of your content should go into your blog.

Hope that helps.

Jeff Mitchell
FREE: 32 minute video reveals how 4 top earners would Make $5,000 in the Next 30 Days Online IF they had to start from scratch![uhttp://jeffmitchell.topearnermoneysecret.net/
Jeff Mitchell
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Jeff Mitchell on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:52 pm

I highly suggest 2 different types of site for 1 purpose....generating leads.

Capture Page
Blog

The capture page has a sole purpose of generating leads whatever you are doing...ie. spending time in the forums, using paid advertising or what not.

The blog is meant for personal branding and search engine optimization. It is a capture page in and of itself with every new post that you put into it. (just make sure you have the proper tools in place to generate the leads with you blog. All of your content should go into your blog.

Hope that helps.

Jeff Mitchell
FREE: 32 minute video reveals how 4 top earners would Make $5,000 in the Next 30 Days Online IF they had to start from scratch![uhttp://jeffmitchell.topearnermoneysecret.net/
Jeff Mitchell
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Adam Taha on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:52 am

Philip

You don't build capture pages and blogs until you do some ground work. Don't do because you see others do it. You do because you find a demand in a profitable niche.

I'll explain a bit but what content or anything you need on your website is what your Prospects Needs. You're asking because you do not know as yet and have not done the ground work.

It's ok, I didn't do it too years ago ;)

I agree with Dean on how you need to first know what it is you want out of your business. Some questions and research need to be done first mate.

Not everyone is your customer and business partner. That's why the first initial step is knowing exactly what YOU want to do first.

And when you figured that one out - then you'll work towards knowing what niche you are going to focus on within the many products you may have.

Let's say your business is Amway/Quixtar....
Two things you have challenge with. The first is you want to attract prospects for your products, to make money and also leads to be business partners oneday.

If that is your objective, then the following needs to be understood.

1. Who are your prospects and what are their "immediate, needs?.
This needs to be done first before creating...anything online.

And creating anything online must first be to test and track, and see if you got it right. In all I say here, track and test, evaulate and test again.

So, let's say you choose health.
I'm saying that's what you would choose but due to Amway has many products, we say that for now.

Then you start do some keyword research and find what is profitable, in the health industry. You break that down until you find a niche.

You break it down further, to find what is popular as articles, topics, posts, related to that niche.

Why?

Because you want to understand your niche from the inside out.
You want to understand what their problem is, who is really looking, why they looking, and what words they use to search online and attract them to you.

And what words, headlines, content to keywords you'll use on your content - whether it's a blog or capture page.

They need to be hungry, they looking and you need to create a filter process.

Second, when you know how to do this, then....you have credibility to teach.

I'll come to that later but as you see, this does take skill. I'd advise to get skills on keyword research and also copywriting.

Read this blog. It's not mine. It will help you to see what I mean and will reduce you a lot of frustrations

http://www.copyblogger.com/keyword-rese ... roduction/

2.Since you know WHO your "target prospects" are and what their challenge is -
You can design your capture page, your blog - geared to solving their problems.

Your emphasis is building a list of future customers who you will educate, share and who will be your customers in future. This needs a form, for people to fill in and content as ebook or videos, or audios to give to them.

You can also use keywords to figure out the popular topics your prospects search for and create these to attract people to your blog.

3. What products relevant to your prospects
In doing the keyword research, you also learnt what products to provide to them. The best way to do this is not only showing relevant contents but also, get your prospects to optin in.

And engage them later on, when you build relationship using email, using phone call or by getting to share on your blog.

So you have now sorted out..
A) Where you're going to focus on in your business to attract leads and build relationship and convert your leads to customers.

B) You discovered your prospects inside out, what their needs, what they looking for and know exactly what content, headlines, will grab them.

C) And you now know what strategy, medium, is suited best.

Now...You can design the capture page, or blog.

You see Philip...
blog, capture, twitter, all these things DO NOT MATTER until you know exactly who your prospects are, what their needs are, what their problems are, what solutions they looking for.

And this starts with what YOU want to do.

These do not matter until the foundation has been built or you're going to waste your time, like most MLM'ers, and Network Marketer's online.

You want to make money? That's what it will take and...more due to learning, investing in knowledge.

That's customers done but now, you need the other side. Leads for your business. Remember though, your customers can also be business partners.

I have had this happen to me due to building relationships. This will happen if your message is not confusing. Both can see on your blog, how you have customers and also building a business.

Putting this together on one blog takes skill and knowledge. So let's look now at business partners e.g. sponsoring, building a team etc...

Leads For Your Business as in Partnership and Creating More Cash
Again we go through the process...

1.What needs to be solved in your industry e.g. MLM, network Marketing
This again, needs keyword research as I mentioned above. Plus, you want to get a skill that helps the industry. Look at what you can bring to the table.

Look at what you asked for help here. This is just an example. Maybe when you learnt what you have asked for, then you can teach it and provide a service for people who are getting started online.

So Identify a need, a niche that is PROFITABLE and you desire to focus on and can deliver.

If you cannot solve the problem, find the knowledge to do so. The more value you have, the more you can bring to the table. This takes training, books etc.

We all been there.

Just doing a blog in wordpress and setting things up, with email newsletters has already set you apart and most don't know how to do it and need help.

So focus on one thing you can solve, and teach it. Teach what you do and show social proof on your blog.

2. Since you know WHO your "target prospects" are and what their challenge is in the industry - you can design your capture page catering to their needs.

With keywords, headlines etc. Testing and tracking everything.

Also using your blog to link to capture page that solves this challenge.

3. Use your blog to build your list, engage your audience in the industry and provide free content, ebook that gives valuable information to solve a primary problem. Or videos. Or audios. Or all three.

Find out what suits your prospects.

And if they want to know "how to" exactly...

THEN you got...

A) Affilate training that shows how.
B) Or Affilate ebook that shows exactly how.
C) Or DVD or CD, Or video step by steps showing how.
D) Training course affilate that shows how.

Cash.

Is this easily done?

No. What is?

Will it take investment, knowledge, skill, hard work? You betcha! You will work your butt off doing the above but...you will enjoy the rewards. ;)

Adam Taha
The funniest thing about this particular signature is...by the time you realise it - it really doesn't say anything...and it's too late to stop reading it
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby philip nguyen on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:31 am

wow thanks a whole bunch you guys... i probably sounded really stupid but I really appreciate everyone's responses... I am definitely reading all of the responses carefully and figuring out my next step right now.

Thanks for the huge lesson guide Adam, but just to make sure I'm on the right page here with you. So the first thing I should do is to be researching a niche that potentially can become customers to buy Amway products right? So I must understand their problem and create a blog or website that can fix their problem through the amway products which I am a distributor for correct?
philip nguyen
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Adam Taha on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:53 am

ffmegaman wrote:wow thanks a whole bunch you guys... i probably sounded really stupid but I really appreciate everyone's responses... I am definitely reading all of the responses carefully and figuring out my next step right now.

Thanks for the huge lesson guide Adam, but just to make sure I'm on the right page here with you. So the first thing I should do is to be researching a niche that potentially can become customers to buy Amway products right? So I must understand their problem and create a blog or website that can fix their problem through the amway products which I am a distributor for correct?

Nah, you're not stupid. You're being intelligent, asking questions to help with your business. There is no stupid questions on BN. All questions are smart because they are being asked.

And there's good people on BN. They are willing to answer and help. It's a brill community.

So the first thing I should do is to be researching a niche that potentially can become customers to buy Amway products right?[/b]

Yes. That is it. Look for a market that is profitable, that's making the dollars, that people spending monies.

Remember, Amway has policies, so study their policy. They don't like people banging their prods on their website and plus, there is a lot of proof reading, and you can't put anything until they checked.

The best away round it, is to give valuable info, how to, and knowledge to help your prospects. People will come to you, because you know your stuff. You've shown credibility, knowledge and by associating with you - they solve their problem..

I have never, mentioned Amway products online and yet, I have prospects who go on my list and buy later on of Amway prods. They call me on the phone.

Some got involved in what I do, like writing books etc, and now buy products. I know, wierd, but people do so because they like you, trust you and most of all - they NEED it.

You give knowledge, not product features, prices.

This built trust. This built relationship. And later they bought. So you don't need to mention amway prods. You can lead them to it on phone or like me, they'll email and call you.

That way Amway can't say jack because you didn't mention amway, or products name, or photos of product on your blog or website. You instead gave knowledge, content on how to do this, how to do that, and this is how you sort this out..

Check with your upline, or Amway policies and you'll see what I mean.

One example..
Just by leading someone to different website on hair, she learnt what damaged her hair, the food she was eating.

I didn't have to say jack to her. I let the website do the talking. This was not even my website. I'm not afraid to direct people to other sites. People appreciate it.

And she called back and wanted to order £100 products. She didn't care the name of product or features. She trusted me and my wife because we gave information, after information.

On the key word research part...

In Amway, their are skin care, nutrition, vitamins, mens care, etc etc. Different markets.

So you look at these four markets to find which makes more money.You find that skin care stands out more than all the rest.

But you got to go deeper.

It might not be wrinkles.

It might not be moisturising and cleansing.

So you keep doing and breaking it down to a niche and you find botox, those stuff women for example go to surgery and have syringe to stretch skin is a very profitable market.

Now, you know you're energy is not going to be wasted. You've found that there is money in this market. You habe literally broke it down to a targeted tight niche.. And realised...

"I can give solutions here, using Artisty Intensified serum, where they can have a natural process, lasts longer, and not damaging, PLUS...no syringes but it's using cream, and saves them money to."

And because you're not going to hammer your prospects with product name and features pitch - instead you're going to provide knowledge - and they suddenly get value from you.

But wait!

Research is not done.

Now, you got to find out why the women are spending all that money on such solutions. What words they use? What are they thinking? What is their PAIN, and EMOTIONS.

When you find out their "emotional language" bingo.

Now, you also know the type of message to lead with and stay focused with it.

Your headline on contents will hit on their pain and ease with a solution, to get them curious to read more. It will also, attract these very people to your site.

They are searching, looking, already buying.

By finding these out what is the "pain", you can then write articles, headlines, that hits them hard. You can create books, videos that speaks in their emtional language.

You can write Ezines that doesn't speak at them but with them. Stories that doesn't push them but takes them on a journey for them to say..

"Damn, he knows how we feel! I can't wait for his next post. I gotta give this guy a call."

You can create a blog catering for this solution and not confuse prospects on many things but on this ONE thing. And later be able to add related products by providing related content focusing on solving problems.

Finally, you'll know exactly what questions to ask, whenever they call you or email you and how to lead them to action e.g. download an ebook. Or comment on your blog. Or answer your survey. Or purchase your products.

This is the key my friend.

Start there. Identify a demand, break it down to a niche, supply to the niche.

When you found out your answers, done the work - come back and ask people here on marketing strategy, capture pages, blogs etc.

:D

Adam Taha
Last edited by thedarkroom on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is...by the time you realise it - it really doesn't say anything...and it's too late to stop reading it
Adam Taha

Postby Adam Taha on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:58 am

freemoney wrote:Now you are talking Philip.

If you do the research Adam suggested, then you will be more convincing when you write, because you will know pretty much everything except the name of the person you are writing to. You can visualize them and their problems as you write. Put yourself in their shoes. How does it feel? What are they thinking? What kind of language are they using when they search google for solutions? 8-)

This is good advise Philip.

As Dean said, "put yourself in their shoes, how do they feel, what they thinking."

You'll enjoy the business more because you're not second guessing. You're running as a true business. Good tips there. Bang on!

Right, give me the address Dean, so I can send you a pizza :D we can have a party while Philip rocks it online and kicks butt.

Adam Taha
Adam Taha

Postby Dee Light on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Philip, you did not sound "really stupid". I can relate to the overwhelm & confusion when beginning this venture. I told a girlfriend (who is Very good at im) that it feels like I'm hacking my way thru a jungle with a butter knife :lol: . You are motivated----sounds like you are DOING---you're doing great. Stay in contact and do what these great guys say & YEA you're on your way!
Dee Light
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Jason Jahr on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:01 pm

;) Hello again Philip. First take a deep breath and relax. Now think. Who is your target market? Whom do you want viewing your site? What would you expect to see if you visited a site similar to your own? After you answer these questions, jot down your results and continue to brainstorm. Visiting similar websites can also give you ideas on how and what to put in yours. I do caution you to tone down the bravado, however, and rather be straightforward and honest in your content. For the most part, people want professionalism and integrity over flattery. Try to be as concise as feasible as long, drawn-out spiels tend to render apathy. You can also come up with taglines or touchstones for part of your introduction. Two of mine are "Who says the sky is the limit?" and "Generate you own economic recovery". After you draft your content, think it over and sleep on it. Likely you will discover additional ideas after a good night's sleep. And when you post your content, more often than not you will go back and edit parts of it, modifying some areas, adding parts and deleting others. Contact me if you need any additional help. I am here for you. Take care.
Jason Jahr

Postby Jonathan Lamphier on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:41 pm

It's very easy to get overwhelmed or sidetracked when you are getting started. There's so much stuff out there, it can be confusing.

I was always taught that whatever you are using, whether it's a standard landing page or a lead capture page, make sure it's consistent with the content at the destination.

Using the example of "fixing your garage." If you were to have a landing page about fixing garages, you wouldn't want to send someone to a website, or autoresponder messages, about a home business opportunity. That creates a disconnect and people feel cheated because they want info about garages.

Even having ads on the landing, or capture page, unrelated to the topic also creates a disconnect.

Now, if you're talking about an income opportunity that would give someone the time and financial freedom to enable them to fix their garage, or whatever the case may be, the connection stays in tact because you're offering a possible solution to their problem.

It all depends on what your niche market is and what the problems, or desires, your potential prospects have.
Jonathan Lamphier

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion