Forums

Is there a way to find people looking for MLM Opportunities?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Is there a way to find people looking for MLM Opportunities?

Postby Will Sacca on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:02 pm

I am Brand New to MLM marketing and have found it hard to find people who are interested in Joining your MLM company. Is there somewhere out on the internet where you could do a search for people interested or looking for an MLM to join? Thanks Will
My Name is Will and i am 24 Year Old Business Man who has just barely been making ends meet until i found out about the Company i am with now! Visist my websites for more info at www.413elite.com and www.willsacca.myzija.com.
Will Sacca
Company: Zija International
Contribution Level: 1

Re: Is there a way to find people looking for MLM Opportunities?

Postby Bill Wetherington on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Will, since we are both involved with wellness type companies, let me tell you what I've done. I know you were asking about online, but this is what I do:

I'm not sure if your company provides sample sizes...but one of my biggest business builders is handing someone a DVD and/or 5 days worth of samples of product. I've found this to be very effective. Some may say that offline marketing is not effective. I say no. We have a very strong local group and we have regular opportunity meetings. There's just something that works by having a real group of team leaders together to support you. I've been very lucky to only live about 60 miles from what is probably the largest growth base for my company. We all support each other and regularly do presentations for each other to build the team.

If you can get tied in to several of your upline leaders and talk to them...find out what is working for them and get involved. Work it hard and I promise you, you will look back a year from now and if you don't give up you will see success.

If I can help you in any way, please let me know.

Bill
Bill Wetherington
Company: Qivana
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Richard Bravo on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Will, your quest should start with your perspective.
Ask yourself this ... Were you looking to join an MLM?
Do you know ANYONE looking to join an MLM?
I wasn't and I don't know of anyone who is.

So what I mean by perspective is that you may be looking in the wrong place to begin with.

In my experience people don't get involved in this industry because they were actively seeking to join an mlm. The majority of people come across the opportunity because they know someone or met someone with a message that resonated with a need they have.

It could have been a physical need and the came across someone in an mlm that had a product that met that physical need.

Maybe it was someone who had a need for some extra income and they were approached or invited at the right time. Or they were looking online for "how to make money online" or "work from home" or some other "keyword."

The point is, you're more likely to find someone looking for a "solution to a problem" than you are to find someone looking to join XYZ Company.

Even on the company side they are more likely looking for reviews, product info, testimonials, scam reports or known issues with the company, product or service.

My advice is to focus the majority of your marketing efforts for positioning focused around solving a bigger need. And supplementing with more targeted campaigns that focus on your company, product or service. This way you capture both ends of the spectrum.

And who knows, in your testing you may find what I'm saying to be different. At which point you'd refine your campaigns and implement an updated strategy based on your own experiential findings.

Make sense?
Learn How To Turn Your Passion Into Profits ... YouIncPro.com
Subscribe to RSS | Follow Us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & YouTube
Richard Bravo
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 9

Postby Will Sacca on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:28 pm

Thanks so much for the insight! Yeah i need to get some samples ordered and sent out soon! Thanks for your time!!
My Name is Will and i am 24 Year Old Business Man who has just barely been making ends meet until i found out about the Company i am with now! Visist my websites for more info at www.413elite.com and www.willsacca.myzija.com.
Will Sacca
Company: Zija International

Postby Kerry Thomas on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:25 pm

saccaj1 wrote:Thanks so much for the insight! Yeah i need to get some samples ordered and sent out soon! Thanks for your time!!

Just a quick tip on sampling. Please don't give away samples to just any and everyone. Try to make sure that you are giving the samples to people that are showing a genuine interest in your product and or opportunity. Another thing is to be sure that you get the person's contact info so that you can follow up with them. The follow up is very important.

I would consider just giving the samples to people that are willing to exchange their contact info in exchange for the sample. I'm assuming that you are paying for the samples, so be sure you get the best bang for your buck by targeting the right people. Good Luck, Kerry
Read my latest BN article on Branding Yourself
Kerry Thomas

Postby Lewis Smile on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Using the internet to recruit people isn't about searching for and finding the right people. It's about being in enough places online, marketing yourself and your expertise, so that the right people are able to search for and find YOU!

If interested people search google for keywords related to your company, make them find you.

Start a blog. Write articles. Post videos. Share share share.

A good book to read (other than Magnetic Sponsoring) is "How to be THAT Guy" by Scott Ginsberg.

Hope this helps!

- Lewis :)
✐ Download a pack of Free Recruiting articles ✍
MLM PLR Articles to use on your blog/site/newsletter. Free sample.
Lewis Smile

Postby David Wilcoxson on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Great advice Richard!

People don't go to the hardware store because they want to buy a drill bit.

What they want is a hole in the wall... and the drill bit is how they're going to get that hole in the wall.

People don't look for an MLM business, they're looking for freedom... financial freedom, time freedom to be with their family more, freedom from their job, freedom to travel, etc...

Will, if you don't have a copy of Mike Dillard's Magnetic Sponsoring course, get one today. It's one of the best investments you'll ever make. Your goal is to attract people to you.

David
Worried about the stock market and your financial future? Mike Dillard reveals how the 'Ultra-Rich' Profit in times of economic crisis. To watch his Free Webinar, click on Elevation Group
David Wilcoxson
Company: Magnetic Sponsoring
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Better Networker Support on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:23 am

UPDATE: Spam Account removed and blocked from this Forum topic.

For more information on Betternetworker Site Rules and Guidelines:
http://www.betternetworker.com/page/bet ... guidelines
Thanks,

Better Networker Support
http://www.betternetworker.com/help
Better Networker Support
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Douglas Adams on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:52 am

I have found my best front line leaders with Google AdWords pay per click advertising.

blessings...
Douglas Adams :)

PS "The Original Google AdWords Handbook
Trusted by Savvy Marketers By Andrew Goodman" I would recommend reading this book first.
Douglas Adams
Company: Watkins Incorporated
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Viola Tam on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:46 am

mrlewissmile wrote:Using the internet to recruit people isn't about searching for and finding the right people. It's about being in enough places online, marketing yourself and your expertise, so that the right people are able to search for and find YOU!

If interested people search google for keywords related to your company, make them find you.

Start a blog. Write articles. Post videos. Share share share.

A good book to read (other than Magnetic Sponsoring) is "How to be THAT Guy" by Scott Ginsberg.

Hope this helps!

- Lewis :)

Great point, Lewis! While I built my business primarily offline, I can see the potential of using online as a means to attract the right people. Many people whom we approach as prospects are actually more appropriately called 'suspects' as we discover that they may not have the desire or commitment to build a solid network marketing organization.

My conclusion is, the warm market is the best. For someone like me who have 'blown' the warm market, create new ones by constantly making new friends. Asking for referral is another great strategy. Combining online and offline is what I do now. My online presence helps my real world networking efforts.

Viola Tam - The Business Mum
LINK / CONTENT REMOVED by Carl the Cop

For more information on rules and guidelines:
http://www.betternetworker.com/page/bet ... guidelines

Viola Tam
Company: Neways Worldwide

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion