Forums

How to start a convensation with a stranger?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

How to start a convensation with a stranger?

Postby Sabrina Gage on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:00 pm

sometimes, you may ask to communication with some strangers about your business, maybe they are your business partner who you meet first time. How to start to talk with him/her to make your business relationship go on?
Last edited by Sabrina Gage on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sabrina Gage
Contribution Level: 2

Re: How to start a convensation with a stranger?

Postby Mario Sanders on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:21 am

The best way to start a conversation with a stranger is first do not make them a stranger anymore. Get to know them. Find out what they want. If you can help them to come to a conclusion of you helping them to achieve their goals.
This is the time to be a friend instead of a leader. Don't try to sell anything with the first few conversations. Be available. Be approachable. Listen intently. Keep them talking when you talk with them instead of at them. You are building trust in your relationship.
If they don't take you up on your offer, don't worry. Remain friends and that close relationship. Later, they will see that you are honest and sincere, and that you care. Seeing what you have they may join you later! It all takes time and be patient.
Mario Sanders
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 7

Postby Tina Phan on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:15 am

Hey Sabrina

Great question! Approaching strangers can be quite daunting since there's always that fear or awkward silences, saying the wrong things and having them look at you like you're a weirdo but it takes practice =)

I think before you even strike up a conversation with a stranger, you have to be confident and not take it personally when they say no to you.

Your confident determines everything: to how to respond, your posture throughout the conversation, and whether the prospect will feel at ease opening up to you.

Ask them questions about themselves to get them to open up to you and build trust.

Do you agree with me on this?

To your success,
Tina

Tina Phan

Postby jacov gariani on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Like in any first social contact - Just say Hi and introduce yourself.
Automatically they will introduce themsleves and you can go from there..
Make money by giving away free all natural weight loss samples..
Come join Free at http://www.TryRegeneSlimToday.info/

Jacov Gariani (Kobi)
Call me anytime at: 9-SAVE-NOW-10 (972-836-6910)
jacov gariani
Company: Ecomates
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Lydia Baker on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Hey

I would suggest try not looking into to it to much. The more you think or it the more you will worry that you are not going to sya the right things etc. Whereas if you just pick up the phone you will go with the flow. Say Hi, ask there name, introduce yourself and they will soon talk as they will have questions that they will want to know. The key thing, be honest, if you cant help them, tell them and suggest that you will get back to them if your able.

Get lots of practice and the daunting feeling will soon disappear.

Good luck with all you do in the future, may success be yours.
Lydia
Lifestyle From Home
http://new-lifestyle-from-home.com
Lydia Baker
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Mario Sanders on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:32 pm

The very first thing I do when meeting a stranger or even before starting a conversation is the get that first eye contact.
If you have a smiling face upon approaching a stranger, watch their emotions. If your eyes meet, smile and say 'hello.' If their intentions are trying to go somewhere, let them go. Their mind is somewhere else. You will meet sometime later when they have more time to talk.
When there is time to talk, let them talk in a relaxed mode without pressing for personal information.
I speak to everybody known and unknown. Many times they look for me or ask where I've been this weekend. They are getting to know me or let me know what is going on in their lives.
They are no longer strangers but acquaintances meeting ever so often. This is a start to building that relationship and finding what their desires are. Just to have a listening ear is all a person may need to relax and warm up to you.
Mario Sanders
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 7

Postby Keith Claridge on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:24 am

mlsanders wrote:The best way to start a conversation with a stranger is first do not make them a stranger anymore. Get to know them. Find out what they want. If you can help them to come to a conclusion of you helping them to achieve their goals.
This is the time to be a friend instead of a leader. Don't try to sell anything with the first few conversations. Be available. Be approachable. Listen intently. Keep them talking when you talk with them instead of at them. You are building trust in your relationship.
If they don't take you up on your offer, don't worry. Remain friends and that close relationship. Later, they will see that you are honest and sincere, and that you care. Seeing what you have they may join you later! It all takes time and be patient.

Awesome advice, thank you. I am brand new to Networking and appreciate your reply :)
Keith Claridge

Postby Brandon Hill on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:30 pm

I think one of my blog posts can really help out anyone looking to start a conversation with a stranger and also get that person to join your business!!!

Links Removed / Content Edited By Support
*Use your signature for personal/business links
*Do NOT post any kind of sales pitch for your business, or affiliate product in the forum.
*Please read the forum rules and guidelines before posting in the future.
http://www.betternetworker.com/page/wel ... rnetworker
Brandon Hill
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Adam Taha on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Sabrina Gage wrote:sometimes, you may ask to communication with some strangers about your business, maybe they are your business partner who you meet first time. How to start to talk with him/her to make your business relationship go on?

Sabrina Gage wrote:sometimes, you may ask to communication with some strangers about your business, maybe they are your business partner who you meet first time. How to start to talk with him/her to make your business relationship go on?

Very easy.

You take your hand out. You smile and you say..

"Hi, how you doing. My name is_____"

Then you focus in the person, and ask questions. If you wanted someone to take interest in you, what questions you'd like them to ask?

Would they be..

1. So what do you do?
2. How long have you been doing it.
3. What's your story, on how you started this entreprise....or hobby...or sports...or..etc etc.

People are interested in themselves.

So break the ice, smile, read out your hand, don't think about prospecting, just use it to practice, and get to know the person.

You don't have to talk to strangers in street. In fact, I'd advise to find a networks in your city of people of similar interest and go there. You'll be at home and...it's more professional as well and people will expect you to shake their hand, smile and ask about what they do.

Maybe it's easier for me because in our way of life, culture, we're very confident due to the fact, that it is our duty to our fellow human beings to smile, and say hello.

I do it all time and I don't worry about if it makes me look weird.

The best way is also do it with a mindset not to prospect. You need to have a lot of people already interested in what you do and busy with that. Then going out, meeting people is done without desperation and..."trying to prospect, do business.."

Adam Taha
The funniest thing about this particular signature is...by the time you realise it - it really doesn't say anything...and it's too late to stop reading it
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby Stephen Meyer on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:31 pm

mlsanders wrote:The best way to start a conversation with a stranger is first do not make them a stranger anymore. Get to know them. Find out what they want. If you can help them to come to a conclusion of you helping them to achieve their goals.

mlsanders wrote:The very first thing I do when meeting a stranger or even before starting a conversation is the get that first eye contact.
If you have a smiling face upon approaching a stranger, watch their emotions. If your eyes meet, smile and say 'hello.' If their intentions are trying to go somewhere, let them go. Their mind is somewhere else. You will meet sometime later when they have more time to talk.
When there is time to talk, let them talk in a relaxed mode without pressing for personal information.
I speak to everybody known and unknown. Many times they look for me or ask where I've been this weekend. They are getting to know me or let me know what is going on in their lives.
They are no longer strangers but acquaintances meeting ever so often. This is a start to building that relationship and finding what their desires are. Just to have a listening ear is all a person may need to relax and warm up to you.

I like this, build a relationship, a friendship. No matter if they are business partners or potential clients. This works best if you see the person occasionally in your everyday life.

Of course with leads you get from the Internet or other forms of advertising, web pages, blog, FB etc. it is much different. Those people you will contact with the purpose of recruiting. If these people are targeted and interested in a business then there's no need to waste a bunch of time trying to be friends, ask questions and get to the point. (IMO)
Complete Training with Tom Challen, STEP BY STEP blueprint for getting fast results in your new Home Based Business
It's Your Business But You're Never Alone.
Click Here Now For More Information
Stephen Meyer
Company: ForeverGreen IP LLC
Contribution Level: 3

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion