Time spent with my family, reading, writing, blogging, self development, teaching, web development.
Joel Osteen, Michael Clouse, Brian Tracy, Joe Vitale, Jentezen Franklin
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Cathy MahadyCoaching Others to Accomplish the Dream
Other Company: Mia Bella Candles
Experience: Veteran (3+ years)
Follow Me On
7 Things About Cathy Mahady
1. Why I Get Out of Bed Everyday … My children. My son is 26 years old and still my lil’ guy. (But don’t tell him I said that). And my daughter is 11 years old and she is my big girl. I am parenting a young adult (and don’t fool yourself that you will be done parenting them … ever) and a young child. So the fourteen years that separate them has created an interesting life for sure. They give my life meaning and purpose.
2. What I Love … Live theater. I saw the play “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat”, oh, probably, at least 50 times. My first job was as an usherette at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatres from 1982 - 1984. “Go, Go, Go Joseph.”
3. Where I Have Been … Okinawa, Japan. I lived on this tropical paradise for three years with my ex-husband while he was part of the Army Special Forces. I obtained my degree in Psychology there from the University of Maryland. And my son was born there. My dream is to return with my son and show him where he spent the first year of his life. Did you know that their ovens are only big enough to fit half a frozen pizza?
4. Where I Want to Go … Washington D.C. I want to see the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian Institute, and Mount Vernon. However, this is not my husband’s idea of a dream vacation. So he said he’d meet me on the beaches of the world when I am done touring the sites of our nation’s history. D.C. anyone?
5. What I Know … The little things matter. That it’s the small, insignificant daily actions that make the difference, all the difference, in what you achieve in life. “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” Vincent Van Gogh.
6. What Motivates Me … My theme song “I’m So Lucky” by Leslie Mills. Every day I watch my music video of my dream board pictures with this song reminding me to be grateful for all the wonderful things in my life and getting me excited about those things yet to come.
I am lucky, yeah, that’s right
You better believe it
I look good, don’t need to fall
Because today, I’ve got it all!
I’m so lucky
Nothin’s gonna bring me down today
I’m so lucky
I’m counting stars with nothin’ in my way
7. What I Learned … While doing this exercise I realized that despite living a successful and fulfilled life, it has been pretty stable, uneventful, well honestly, kinda boring. I have never had the privilege of licking a banana slug like my good friend did during her youthful years. But as I am reminded by another dear friend, it’s never too late to live out your dreams! So just cause I haven’t jumped to the wild side in my past, doesn’t mean I can’t in the future.
I hope this has allowed you to get to know me a bit better. I’d love for you to post a comment with something about yourself, so that I can get to know you better. Tell me what gets you out of bed, what do you love, where have you been, where do you want to go, what do you know, what motivates you, and what have you learned ... I can't wait to hear.