Better Networker Rules and Guidelines
- Do NOT post content that is blatantly self-serving (i.e. pitching your business or affiliate offers unrelated to the context).
- No "flaming" anywhere within the context of BetterNetworker.com. Flaming is the hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users.
- No profanity or offensive material of any kind (including nudity) - this also applies to the businesses you wish to represent and promote. Let's try to keep BetterNetworker.com PG.
- Do not engage in private disputes with community members publicly.
- Do NOT post any kind of sales pitch for your business or affiliate product in the guestbook of your fellow community members, or in the comments of their posts.
- No replicated guestbook entries.
- No links (including the mention of URLs) permitted in guestbook entries.
- No mention of your contact information except for your name. This includes email address, company name, phone number, etc.
- Remember, you are a GUEST, you are not there to try and "hijack" their friends or traffic.
- No private messages that's blatantly pitching your business or other product unless permission was first granted by the receiving party.
- No hostile interactions will be tolerated.
- Do not publicly publish private messages without consent.
Creative Content (Articles, Videos, Podcasts):
- Do NOT post content that is self-serving (i.e. blatantly pitching your business).
- Images inside articles must not be greater than 350 x 350 pixels.
- Use CAPS sparingly and tactfully, know that it's equivalent to "shouting."
- Do NOT put up banner ads inside your articles.
- If you are going to copy & paste content from someone else, be SURE to give them credit through a link BACK to the URL where you got your article from. A service we use to check for duplicate content is http://www.copyscape.com.
Leaving Comments on Creative Content:
- Leave a thoughtful comment that goes beyond just "cool"; this is to prevent people from leaving a one word response only to promote their offers in their signatures.
- Do NOT post any kind of sales pitch for your business, or affiliate product in the forum. This is called "forum spam". Your account will be banned immediately without warning if you do so, and the offending posts will be deleted.
- If you'd like to help your community members out by sharing a valuable tool or resource with them on the forum, you may do so as long as you do NOT use an affiliate link.
- Images in forum signature must not be greater than 45 (height) x 200 (width) pixels.
- Signatures must not exceed 255 characters.
- Signatures cannot be more than 5 lines high - including embedded videos, images, etc.
- Signatures should not distract from discussion due to excessive size or loud format.
- If you would like to report a violation of any of the aforementioned rules or would like clarification of the guidelines, please click here to submit a ticket to the BetterNetworker Help Desk.
The above rules are subject to change without notice.